Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Penant and Flower Garland

Not a back to school tradition so much, but a fun decoration we used for our celebrations! Another fun project from Sandi Henderson's book! My friend Grace and I each made one during her recent visit and I love how cheerful and happy this looks! Best of all, it was all made with things I had on hand!

I hung it up right away in our Dining Room - but then moved it to the Living Room to help celebrate the First Day of School!

Here, I moved it outside so you could see it in better lighting!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

love the banner. Banners are always bring a smile to my face. There is something really happy about them.
Perhaps it's the beautiful fabrics you used.It looks great displayed on your mantel.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Seems most folks that commented like it leaning, so I think I will have it lean.

Flannel Jammies Farm said...

Such a pretty and joyful banner! I really like the way you mixed pennants and flowers and the lovely colors.

Elise said...

That is adorable!!
Elise

Blissful & Domestic said...

That garland is so cute and looks real simple to make. I love the area around your fireplace it has such a country feel. Looks very cozy.

Patty Williams said...

That is adorable ! Love those flowers !

Angelia said...

You have a God blessed talent of creating.I just love all you make. You fill your home with so much love.... I bet stepping into your home is like a warm hug and moments of hand woven care. You have blessed me, my heart that has desire, now with this place of creative food full of ideas and lovely inspiration.... inspires me to just try things, then I watch my own home come to life. THANK YOU. Smiles, Angelia in TX

Abbi said...

That is very cute! I love all the cheerful colors you use in decorating!

Jenn said...

I like those a LOT! So pretty and charming.