Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Grammie's Homemade Ice Cream!

Yes, a post on Tuesday - those of you who follow my Facebook page saw my comment that I was just itching to be working on my blog at the end of last week and over the weekend. The result is that I'll be posting every day for the next two weeks at least! We'll just have to see how it goes from there ...

Wanting to preserve this for my children - here is my Mom's homemade ice cream recipe!! Oops - did not get a photo though...

2 c. milk (or 1/2 and 1/2)
3 or 4 eggs

Blend these together and then pour liquid into sauce pan that has 2 - 2 1/4 c. sugar and heat until just scalded.

Put 1 quart 1/2 and 1/2 and 1 Tbsp. vanilla in to ice cream container. Pour in scalded liquid and fill to line inside container with milk.

Freeze according to ice cream maker instructions! YUM!

10 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

I need to get an ice cream maker. So many great recipes in blogland.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Sounds awesome...thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Sounds awesome...thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

Nessie said...

That sounds yummy, BUT... what is 1/2 and 1/2? I live in Europe and just don't know that...

Aubrey said...

My favorite ice cream is to mix a jar of nutella (or 2,depending on the size of the ice cream machine) with milk. Or a combo of milk and half and half. Then mix. That's it - no eggs or cooking (although heating the nutella a little makes it easier to mix with the milk.) And the ice cream tastes like nutella. :) So it's super delicious.

And a few weeks ago I got aldi brand nutella for pretty cheap.

Mary Ann said...

Yummy!

I say post every day when you have stuff to post and then fall back to 3 days a week during busier times or if you just don't have the inspiration. :-)

Ginger said...

Monica, I agree with Maryann; post when you can and don't worry about telling us. We understand when you can't everyday, but if you have some weeks when you do, we will be thrilled.

The German chocolate cake looks decadent.

Anonymous said...

Yummo. This sounds simple.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Gotta love homemade ice cream...especially from grandma :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Nessie!

It is half cream and half whole milk.

Enjoy!
Monica