Friday, June 18, 2010

Waiting Gracefully: Idea Folder

As a single woman, a time of waiting for me was a time to gather ideas! Ideas for my home, for celebrating holidays, new traditions, decorating or even wedding ideas!

Start a notebook (or more than one if needed) to keep programs from weddings you've attended. Things like this will be very handy when it comes time to plan your own! Gather home ideas of things you like - even if you don't use the ideas - they can be very inspiring to look at and help you in making your home into a place you like even now!

Let yourself dream ...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I have been married for almost 12 years, but I still do the notebook of decorating ideas. When I see nice decor in magazines, I usually don't have the time and/or the money to do something similar in my home, so I file the ideas to look over later. My MIL actually does this as well, which is where I got the idea from! :)

Paige said...

I have an idea book for home decorating that I started about 13 years ago. I recently found it and was surprised to see how much of it I still liked and would like to see in my home. It's comforting to know that my tastes haven't changed too much! I am still working my way towards that home, and doing it as cheaply as possible.

Carrie said...

"Let yourself dream." I like that! Very good advice. Dreams help provide patience and endurance at times, and keep ideals high. I think that's important also.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

It's so funny you should write about keeping a notebook...I do just that with things I want to use now and for later, when I'm married and have a family..and YES, I do collect pictures for ideas I'd like to incorporate into my wedding...when I get married...:) :) :) This is great!!!
Love, hugs and greetings from Oregon, Heather :)

Cheryl said...

Monica,
love the new makeover you gave your blog. Everything looks so nice and is easy to navigate.

Angel said...

I've been married 10 years and still do this. I tear pages out from magazines and put them in my home management binder! That is how I get most of my ideas!