Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Design!

Surprise! Yes, it is a surprise to me too! I woke up this morning and found that my new design was already up - so, I was planning a bit of time to get things caught up before it went on - but that is not to be! And, since we are leaving on a big long road trip tomorrow - it may take me some time to get things caught up here.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the new format! I took all of your suggestions and here are some of the changes:

* format sidebar to be on the right side!
* update to new Blogger - this way you can click Older Posts at the bottom and keep reading; easily Follow, click Post title to get to that post and click on the Header to get back Home. Yeah!
* Clean up the sidebar - this is the part that is still a big work in progress! I have a lot to do at renaming my tags (categories) and moving all of my links over to "Inspiration"
* Cup of Tea will be where a greeting from me, welcoming you to my blog and more about me.
* There are new categories which will help streamline the sidebar and allow you to see complete entries in each category.
* There is a cute button on the bar that you can grab and put on your blog if you'd like (some of you asked for this!) So sweet!

That is about all I can think of for now - so, I do hope you will appreciate and enjoy the changes and that it will be a smooth transition! Thanks for your patience while I get things completed!

PS: Still working on a Facebook page - that will come later for those of you who requested that. And, a big thank you to Marina at Penny Lane Designs for all of her hard work in helping me with this design!

39 comments:

Cindy in PA said...

Monica, it's just beautiful! A wonderful surprise when I visited today. Safe travels to you and your family and I look forward to your next post.

Melody said...

I usually read through a reader, but had to click through to see the changes. It's beautiful!

*carrie* said...

So cute, Monica. I really like the brown border on your header--good color choice.

Thinking of you as you prepare to depart . . . Love you!

asnipofgoodness said...

I also read through a reader, so I am so glad you posted about your changes so I could come over and see! So pretty Monica, I love all your choices!

Angela said...

It is so beautiful, I love how you kept the pictures we know your blog so well from but gave a fresh femine look to it, it is stuning and I think it says Monica all over it and that is what you want, for your blog to represent what your about. Love it!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Not one "big" on changes, but this is just lovely!!! So glad you left the pictures in your blog- header! :o)

Hope your trip is a safe and happy one!
Thanks for sharing yourself and crafts! You are are a blessing to many..I'm sure!!! :o)

TamaraP.
North Carolina

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

It's beautiful Monica. Lurv the new look!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

It took my breath away this morning... It's bueautiful and so you!!!!!!!!

Elle said...

I was hesitant when you said you were going to change it, because coming to your site each morning is such a refreshing & calming place to go..... but, I LOVE IT! It is so beautiful & looks great! You are such an inspiration - :) Thank you! Have a wonderful trip!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I'm another one who reads through a reader, so I'm glad you posted about this, too!

The new design and colors are so beautiful! I particularly love the new header, it's stunning.

being molded said...

I LOVE the new look!! Praying you have a safe trip!

Dayna (Spear) Guenther said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Carol @ Pure Sugar said...

It's so pretty! I love it! I think it really suits your sweet personality :-)

Christy said...

I've been a longtime reader (through my feedreader) and I just clicked over to see the design. It's so beautiful!

The Lord has used you to be such an encouragement to me. Your attitude and demeanor are truly beautiful, and make a wonderful example. Thank you for blogging. Well wishes to you and yours as you vacation.

Katy said...

It looks beautiful, Monica! I absolutely love it! :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Monica, this is very vintage and beautiful!

agnes said...

it is beautiful, I love it

Danielle said...

It looks wonderful! I also like that you kept the header pictures:-) Very feminine!

Carrie said...

I think it looks AMAZING! How fun!

Beautifully done.

Have fun on your trip!

Julian said...

love the new design! How beautiful! Christina

~katie~ said...

A freshening breeze, indeed!! :-) Lovely! Have a safe and wonderful road trip!

Ellie said...

Monica, I love it!! It was such a surprise to visit this morning and see the changes!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'm adding your button to my blog.

Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com

LynnMarie said...

Nice!! I knew to expect something wonderful from you and you did it!

Debra said...

Looks great! Have a fun trip.

Unknown said...

It looks great, Monica!

Melissa said...

LOVE IT! Every bit of your new template is you!!! Soft and charming are the first two words that pop in my head.

Shannon said...

I love it, Monica! The hydrangeas are something we have in common - I'm so glad you kept them!

Wendi said...

Love it!

RT said...

Beautiful site, Monica! I love it!

Jolene said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Rachel Renee said...

The new design is beautiful! I love the background! Looks more professional, pretty and inviting. Keep up the good work! :)

angie said...

This design is so gentle on the eyes, and I like that the post is on the left side of the screen. Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into your blog. We reap the benefits!

Lori said...

Love,Love,Love the new layout.

Lynette said...

Your blog looks great!

Amy said...

It is beautiful, Monica! I love the color selections and it looks like a pretty fabric you would sew with. So pretty!! xo

Joy said...

Love it!!

Heather said...

It is lovely!!

Elise said...

I love the new look!! So pretty!!
Elise