Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Memories to Treasure

We had a great time with my parents here! Here are a few pictures documenting our special time together ...

Rachel and Grammie

Emily and Grammie

Sisters
Emily after the recital - she smiled the entire time it seemed!

Grammie and Pepaw with two ballerinas and their flowers!

Samuel being silly with an empty plastic bowl.

Emily and I went out for ice cream just for some special just-for-the-two-of-us time!

After church on Mother's Day! We enjoyed lunch on our porch - it was a treat to have both of our moms with us plus my friend Melissa and her daughter!

My Mom swinging next to Samuel at the park.

Sister train on the slide.

Don't they look so happy? I love this picture of Samuel and my Dad!

Emily and Grammie swing!

Pepaw helps Samuel try out the monkey bars.

Emily made it all the way across the monkey bars!
Rachel did too - but I wasn't able to get a picture of it with her!

Another great picture! I'm so thankful for these two!!
Mom and Dad - thank you so much for coming! We love you!

14 comments:

Ginger said...

Beautiful time together---thanks for sharing.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

It's wonderful to have both grandparents still living (I have many memories of my own).

But...my littles have never (really) met their grandfather's. Caleb met my FIL at 5 months old. My Dad and FIL are both passed... so "until we meet again - in Heaven", we will just thoroughly enjoy the grandma's.

Anonymous said...

Monica,
I find it a little humorous, from my view of your whole family pic. your husband resembles your dad quite a bit!!!:) I think your girls are just adorable. Thank you for sharing your famiy times. You are an inspiration to create family memories.

Leanne said...

those were great pictures!! and such special memories!!

Wendi said...

Looks like a wonderful visit!

Katy said...

Beautiful photos!! :)

Carrie said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!

OH! And that reminds me of a fun date night my dad would frequently take me on! We woudl get those ice cream cones that look like clown faces. I was just thinking about that the other day! GOOD memories...

angie said...

Recitals do lead to smiles, don't they? It is wonderful that their grandparents were able to watch their performance.

~katie~ said...

Looks like a lovely time! Seeing these pics and knowing that you don't see your folks all that often reminds me somewhat of what I go through not being able to see my hubby during his deployments. I know it can be so hard. Makes the time you are together so cherished I imagine! Thanks for sharing these adorable photos!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Monica. Looks like your family had a wonderful time making memories.

Richelle~

Beth Niquette said...

Emily has her Grandmother's smile. What a lovely family you have!

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

You're kids are all adorable but Emily especially has my heart.
Lovely family pictures.

Simple Home said...

It looks like a wonderful day. You truly have a beautiful family.
Blessings,
Marcia

Mom said...

Dear Monica, thanks for sharing these photos of our visit! We had a wonderful time and appreciate all you did to make our time together special. New memories to treasure indeed! Love you, Mom