I had a big huge gigantic post split into two parts scheduled to be posted here the last two days, but just didn't have peace about sharing that - so I took a couple more days off! Hope we're back to our regularly scheduled programming around here. I've been relaxing and resting like I never do and enjoying it soooo much! Plus, I'm getting my chores done since I'm more refreshed! Imagine that ...
Anyway, here are a bunch of miscy things that I wanted to do an update on:
* My friend Megan has started a fun weekly feature on being a Tourist in Your Own Town. Fun idea - check it out or add your own post too!
* Friday afternoon, I received a very welcome phone call from Compassion International. They were informing us that after 67 days, they had confirmed our sponsor child was uninjured during the earthquake. Christele, her family and her home all are fine and unharmed. We are rejoicing!!! It was an emotional few moments on the phone, but I was so thankful for the call. God be praised for protecting her and keeping her safe!
* I have completed all Easter garland orders and have four extras already made - so if you still want one before Easter, I can send out these four right away. Garlands are $10 each including shipping. You can e-mail me at thehomespunheart (at) hotmail (dot) com if you are interested.
UPDATE: The four extra garlands are SOLD!!!!! Plus a couple more - if you still want one and are open to waiting until after Easter, please e-mail me! THANK YOU!!!
* Speaking of garlands - I'm at 66 of 100 towards my goal! I have a few Christmas garlands to finish up - but have just about completed all of the orders. Thank you SO much for your sweet encouragement and support!
* Oh, and one more thing about garlands - Erin is giving one away, so if you want to get one for free head on over and find out how to enter!
* Looking for some Easter ideas? I'm working on my plans and will be sharing all of these and some links to other great ideas in a post tomorrow, stay tuned for that and please share your ideas in the comments!
* And, because several of you have asked - I'll be sharing how David and I met in a fun series of posts. I'm guessing it will take me about a week - you know, I'm wordy and there is a lot to say on this. Hope you'll enjoy reading that and will be encouraged in how God has worked in our lives. I'll post this right after Easter.
* Meanwhile, my laptop screen has decided black is its new favorite color - I'm not opposed to black, but it is impossible to read black type on a black screen! It's with the Geek Squad now getting fixed! So, the picture content may be extremely low around here for about two weeks!
How have you all been? I'm eager to reconnect this week!