Friday, March 05, 2010

Make Your Home a Haven: Something Special

Good morning! How did you all do on your projects this week? I will tell you right off that I did not finish - made progress, but did not finish. That's ok with me, I'm glad for the progress that was made!

Here are my before pictures: (David and I did one of these sections on Saturday, so that counts toward our progress this week too!)

And, here is the after of the long section I did one afternoon. More pictures of our new porch will be coming soon!

Now, for next week - it is easy for me to get in project-mode just adding one new project each week. Instead of that, let's plan something special for someone else this next week. Could be for your own family or someone else - just plan and carry out something special and make sure to share about it here!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

love your new addition, the floor looks great! I can't wait to see it all, I'm sure your family will use it a lot!

Paige said...

One of my best friends is starting her chemo on Thursday of next week, so I'll have to think of something special for her.
Any ideas?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Yeah! I finished that last section this morning before lunch!!!

Now, just a bit of trim outside and the wall the door is on that David is going to take care of! Yahoo!

Ami said...

I've got some easy ideas for doing something special. One friend stopped by my house this morning to deliver eggs and I was able to give her a bouquet of forsythia I'm forcing. She is from the desert (we're in KY) and she didn't even know what forsythia was.

Also, I'm very excited that my cousin just found out she's expecting her 4th baby after suffering 2 miscarriages, so I've planned to surprise her with dinner next week. Really looking forward to that one!

angie said...

My friend lost her mother in Feb. Her mother's birthday is tomorrow, so I think I will give her some flowers.
Also, a friend passed away in October. Her mother has been caring for the children a lot and needs a break. I think I will invite them over some afternoon next week to play.

Unknown said...

Monica- I sent you a Beautiful Blogger award. Have a great day!

Melissa said...

Your porch is beautiful! I will look forward to sipping some tea out there with you. As I type I am thinking about those yummy maple scones you make and thinking we ought to have those, too!!!