Tuesday, December 08, 2009

M & M Cookies

Here is the recipe for the cookies I was making the other day, courtesy of Amy! It seems there is a group of people who like their M&M's mixed in and a group who like their M&M's on top - do it whichever way you like!

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. shortening
2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. salt

Cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Stir in remaining dry ingredients. If you are mixing in the M&M's, go ahead and pour in a whole bag now.

Drop on ungreased cookie sheet, if you are doing M&M's on top - do it now! Bake at 375 for 9 minutes. Makes 7-8 dozen. Enjoy!

9 comments:

angela said...

i like mine mixed in!

Dawn said...

These are my MOST favorite cookie in the world!!! M&M's mixed in,not on top. My grandmother made these, and oh, so yummy!!
Dawn

Jeremiah and Stephenie said...

I was looking for this recipe yesterday! Thank you for posting it.
Stephenie

Happy Husband said...

I must leave a comment for Samuel:

"Coookeee! Coookee!!"

Wendi said...

We have a tradition of making these on Christmas Eve with red & green m&m's mixed in. Yum!

Deanna said...

Yum. Ok...I'm a mixer...but it's Christmas, so I'm color-coordinated :o)

I shared your post and recipe on my blog today as the final cookie in our Virtual Cookie Exchange. Thanks for sharing!

Deanna

Megan said...

I mix chocolate chips in like I do with normal chocolate chip cookies and ALSO put M&Ms on top (see photo here: http://www.halfpinthouse.com/2009/12/december-photo-project-day-4.html )

Seriously? These cookies are sooo sooo yummy.

Christy said...

Yum, my boys love these! I'll have to try your recipe. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season :)

LS said...

Thanks! I was actually going to look for a recipe for these today as I have a bag of M&Ms in the fridge and it's a freezing cold day here! Going to try this!