Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Fun New Idea

The gentleman helping us with our tree at the local Lowe's handed my girls this piece of wood cut from the bottom of a Christmas tree and said that his family makes them into ornaments each year.

Emily was definitely listening to every word he said and as soon as we got home, she whipped out a marker and created this little happy face with her name under it. I wrote the date on the back and tied a piece of twine around it to make a hanger.

With her sweet handwriting - I think this ornament will be treasured for years to come!

7 comments:

Ami said...

How sweet that the man took the time to share that with you! I love it so much when people enjoy their job like that!

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Very cute idea and adorable results :)

Wendi said...

I love how something so simple can be so treasured.

Clorissa said...

So very sweet. I use to do this with my oldest daughter (now 19). I don't buy real trees anymore, so I can't do this with my little sweet peas.

Emily did a great job.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I sure enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your lives and what God is doing in and for you!
~Robin

Elise said...

What a neat idea!! Love it!!
Elise

Anonymous said...

Last year we got our first Christmas tree, and my husband cut a little bit off the bottom of the trunk to make into an ornament. I wrote on it "Our first Christmas tree, 2008." We'll probably do the same thing with each tree. It's a fun idea!

Heather from Bless Your Family :)