Ok, I know that is not a word - but it is a word I use! Here are a bunch of random things to share today:
* Carrie and I worked together on this post about helping those who are going through the loss of a loved one.
* We made these super cute pumpkins today - these are super easy and look great hanging in our dining room!
* I really like these - spotted at Holy Experience. I ordered a set and hope to start a tradition of filling them throughout the Fall with things we are giving thanks for! (Use coupon code: INTHANKS for a 25% discount, thank you Ann!)
* I'm planning to make these with the girls Thursday morning!
* Our open house idea has fallen through as all the officer's have plans - and while I'm disappointed, I'm looking forward to a day at home with my family!
* Looking forward to Thanksgiving leftovers - I've been wanting to try: (both from Taste of Home)
Turkey Focaccia Club
Cranberry Pecan Mayo:
1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp. Dijon
2 Tbsp. roasted pecans
1 Tbsp. honey
Combine in a small bowl.
1 loaf (8 oz.) focaccia bread
Thinly sliced cooked turkey
Bacon strips, cooked
Cut bread in half horizontally; spread with mayo and layer other ingredients! Cut into wedges.
Skillet Shepherd's Pie
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. water
1 envelope taco seasoning (I use Amy's recipe)
2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
3 c. leftover mashed potatoes, warmed
In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over med. heat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Stir in 1 c. cheese.
combine potatoes and remaining cheese. Spread over beef. Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
* One last thing - Emily received these cute plates for one of her birthdays and Rachel is always asking for "Rachel" plates! I know these came from Home Goods - but haven't seen them there in recent months. Does anyone know where I could find some that say "Rachel" - I see places on-line where you can order personalized plates, but I'm not willing to pay $24 for one plate!