Tuesday, October 06, 2009
It’s time for another swap! We couldn't resist a Christmas swap, so our next theme word is Noel. Please keep this theme in mind when selecting items for your partner. As usual, please limit your gifts to what can fit in a shoebox.
Please read the following details carefully.
1. In order to participate, you must either have swapped successfully with us before, or you must be a regular commenter on one of our blogs (The Homespun Heart/with all that I’ve been given). You don't need to comment daily, or even weekly, but we need to recognize your name when you sign up.
Before you send us an e-mail, please consider if you have the time and resources to fulfill your swap. We usually have at least one person who writes to say they’ll be late in sending their box because they can’t afford the shipping. We want to respect your financial situation, and ask that you consider joining the next swap instead so no one is disappointed.
2. You need to fill out your questionnaire as part of the sign-up. In order to sign up for this swap, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
complete mailing address
blog site, if you have one
If you would be willing to ship internationally, please indicate that specifically. If you don't mention it, we'll assume it's your preference to ship within the U.S.
Also, please answer the following questions in your sign-up e-mail. The more thorough your answers, the better we can match you with someone complementary.
* When you think of Noel, or Christmas, what colors or images come to mind?
* What are your do's and don'ts of holiday decorating? (for example: Do you collect snowmen? How do you feel about Santa or religious decorations in your home?)
* What are your favorite ways to celebrate the Christmas season? Do you have a special holiday tradition?
* What is a favorite gift you've received?
Sign-up entries must be complete to be included. Even if you’ve swapped with us before, please send all of the information requested above.
Important dates to consider:
Sign-ups due by 8 a.m. (CST) Thursday, October 8, or when 40 people have signed up.
Partner info will be e-mailed to you by Monday, October 12.
Please send your shoebox by Friday, November 6.
If you have not received an e-mail with partner info from us by October 10, please check your “junk” folder first, and then contact us if needed.
Thanks, and happy swapping!