Monday, October 26, 2009

I will lift my eyes ...

Every time I see this particular view - my mind immediately thinks of this ~

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you -
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm -
he will watch over your life:
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore."

~ Psalm 121 ~

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Look up Nathan Clark George and check out his song where he puts this to words. Great stuff!

stephanie@{Olive Tree} said...

One of my favorite Psalms ever. There is an OLD Susan Ashton song set with this words and helped me set this one to memory many years ago. :)

Anonymous said...

Monica, That is one of my favorite psalms. I Have a CD where the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sings it too. Thanks for sharing that beautiful pic, and your earlier post about your quiet time place. Have a great day in Him, Lynnebee

Sheila said...

That was my daughter's school memory verse (or set of verses) two weeks ago! It spoke so much to me that I printed it and have a copy here at my desk. I also printed a copy for a friend that is going through some trying times. It is such a comforting psalm!

The Journey said...

Monica- thanks for this post. It blessed me today. My sister is in hospice dying of bone cancer. Another friend who is like a sister just had a mastectomy. I've been very down. This is wonderful reminder Jesus never fails.

Leanne said...

I love when Casting Crowns sings this in its song "I Will Praise You in This Storm"...such a wonderful reminder to me!

...they call me mommy... said...

I love those verses!! :)