Good morning! Michelle asked yesterday about some of my favorite things around Colorado Springs - I've also asked my mom and sister to contribute their favorites since we are all here together!
Here are our top choices ~ enjoy!
* Garden of the Gods (beautiful red rocks, walking trails)
* Glen Eyrie (conference center owned by The Navigators; they have lodging and teas, tours available as well obviously those are not free!)
* Focus on the Family (Odyssey play area, lunch spot, book store, history of the ministry)
* Air Force Academy (Chapel and Visitors Center)
* Cheyenne Canon (at the base of Cheyenne Mountain: hiking trails, water fall)
* Olympic Training Center (athletetic training facility for Olympic Athletes)
* Pioneer Museum (local history includes traveling exhibits and long-standing history of Colorado Springs)
* The Broadmoor (five star hotel, historic to Colorado Springs)
* Go for a drive up west Hwy. 24 through Woodland Park - beautiful scenery!
* Rock Ledge Ranch (homestead with demonstrations, they have great seasonal festivals here as well)
* Pikes Peak: you can drive up, but I would not suggest it (your car may never be the same), there is also a train depending on the weather/snow.
* Royal Gorge bridge (about an hour south of Colorado Springs)
* Flying W Ranch (chuckwagon dinner, western band sings after dinner, western town to browse before dinner)
* La Baguette (French: I love the chicken salad croissant and we're having lunch there today!)
* Marigold's (breakfast, lunch and bakery)
* Jose Muldoons (Mexican food)
* Fargo's (pizza)
* Adam's Mountain Cafe (Manitou)
* Olive Branch (downtown; healthy cuisine)
* American Classics Marketplace
* The Gatherings
* Colorado Country Antique Mall
* Old Colorado City
Please chime in with your favorites from the area as well! Maybe I will discover something new!