Angie requested that I share how much creating the Ellie party was. It is amazing how much birthday you can do for a little bit!
I know that I am in the dark completely about how much people spend on birthdays - let's see how I did this time around:
* Invitations: scrapbook paper and elephant tags/cutouts: $4.00
* Crepe paper to create circus tent: $2
* Paper lanterns: $2
* Skirts: 3 yards fabric at $5/yard minus $10 coupon = $5; I also bought some elastic for less than $2 so we'll go with $7 on this for all five skirts. I already had the popcorn boxes that I gave these in and they were a gift - so we'll call that free.
* Gift: denim skirt: $1/Wal-Mart clearance and tank: $1/Wal-Mart clearance; play cash register: $4 from Goodwill (still in Target packaging); Emily made a pillowcase from leftover fabric listed above - no additional costs
* Paper Trays: $1 (scrapbook paper)
* Cotton Candy: $1.50 each x 6 = $9
* Food for dinner: corndogs, peanuts for game, etc... about $5
* Table decor: all free
* Music: free
* Felt and craft foam for games: $3 (or less)
* Cake: one box cake mix - less than $1, homemade icing: $1 or so
Total spent: $41.00
Not bad considering it included special favors of skirts and cotton candy and the gifts for the birthday girl! What do you think - is that high or did I do ok?
Oh, and she asked about when I started planning this party. On our road trip to my Dad's marathon - my aunt took a driving shift and I sat down with my notebook and just started brainstorming. So, I guess it has been about four or five weeks that I've been working on pulling this together.
Do you have a set birthday budget? How do you decide what theme to go with? Thanks so much for all the sweet comments yesterday! Have a great weekend!