My project for this week was the linen closets ~ here are the embarrassing, yet realistic, before pictures of both our linen closets:
Hall Linen Closet:
Good grief - awful ... and the most ridiculous part is how little time it really took to get these closets whipped back into shape!
Hall closet was done while littles were in tub right there - perfect way to be with them and have them contained while I worked on this one! I moved all the sheets to the very top shelf because I realized they had a prime location but I never use them. I always put the same sheets back on after washing them. I moved all unsafe items to higher shelves. Put some frequently used items in a small plastic box, etc... So far this is working out great!
Our linen closet was done during nap time and Emily helped me with this. I also moved all the sheets and bed linens up to the very top, threw out old medications, implemented some containers to corral like items. I discovered I have about a ten year supply of soap and had an abundance of some medicines that had been free at local drug stores.
I put all of the boxed medicines in one container and all the bottles into two containers hanging on the wall behind the curtain that acts as the door to this closet. Before I'd even had a chance to mention what I did to David and show him where certain things were - he mentioned that he liked the new organization in there and had found what he wanted without me even saying anything. I love that!!
Your turn! Share your before and after pictures here! Rebecca will be hosting next week - so check in on Monday for more inspiration!