May Day all began when I lived in my yellow apartment (an entire post coming soon!) and I decided to deliver some flowers to my neighbors. It grew into me driving all over town to deliver tin cans of flowers!
I loved the excitement of planning my route and getting out in my pj's to deliver a smile to someone's door!
This year, I'll be in Colorado (where it all began!) and decided to deliver a few flowers. Here's my route:
* My parents front porch - hard to surprise them for multiple reasons - biggest one being I'll be staying at their house!
* Maggie's porch: long time family friend; I used to babysit their daughter who is now in college and we'd watch the Cosby Show together
* My yellow apartment; in the spirit of where the inspiration began and since the point is to surprise someone unaware (probably everyone else will figure out who delivered the flowers!) it will be fun to do a random give on this one!
* Oz & Katie's: also family friends - an older couple we went to church with; I've house-sat for them many times and if there is any woman that I'd point to as having a gentle and quiet spirit it would be Katie.
* The B Family: also a family I babysat for; lives in a charming house on a charming street; I loved babysitting for them and pretending like I had a family for a few hours every week; they hold a special place in my heart!
* Marcia's: A former co-worker; together we made it through some tough and stressful things; dubbed ourselves M&M; sweet friend
Will any of you be delivering May flowers this year? I'm also leaving my little ladies with a few cans to deliver to whomever they choose since we won't be together on May Day this year.
And, with that - I'll be away from posting for a while as I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a trip to Colorado! I'll be in a friends wedding and enjoy staying with my parents! Less than 48 hours after I return home, my Mom is coming here for Emily's ballet recital - thrown into all of that is my birthday, Mother's Day, some organizing we want to do and more! I'll look forward to catching up soon!