Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Clean Swap!

It's time to show and tell all the goodies from our recent Clean Swap!

We had an uneven number of swappers this time around, and I was excited to partner up with Wendi and Mary Ann in a three way swap! We decided to each send a box to both the others so we would each prepare and receive two boxes!

Wendi and Mary Ann have both been reading my blog for a looooong time and have participated in nearly every swap. I was grateful for the opportunity to show my appreciation for them!

Here is what I sent to Wendi:


An apron (using this pattern), a cleaning rag and spray bottle, sponge, duster, plastic bin, book and hot chocolate.

My theme was trying to make cleaning more fun! Her favorite task is dusting, so I was hoping a fun duster and some pretty cleaning supplies would make it more fun! With a clean schedule she said she'd enjoy reading and having hot chocolate.

Here's what she sent me:

Everything was wrapped very cute - she had it all wrapped in brown paper and twine with cute tags!

An apron - great minds think alike!

Glade candles, a book on 500 uses for baking soda, a microfiber cloth, notepad, magic eraser, and yummy lavender hand soap!

Here is what I sent to Mary Ann:

An apron (same as above), spray bottle and cleaning rag, sponge, a plastic shoebox bin, a small organizer, a piece of fabric and some dishwasher detergent.

She said her least favorite chore was cleaning up the kitchen, I was hoping a cute container of dishwasher detergent would help make it a bit more fun! And, with a clean schedule she mentioned enjoying organizing and sewing.

She sent me:

Clothespins - with family names on them and a great idea of using them as reminders to pray for those special to me! I loved this!
Candle, cute dish towel, plastic bins, gum, lotion and shower gel, scrubby. She had tagged each item with meaningful and appropriate Scriptures.

Framed quote from Elisabeth Elliot,
"I'm mothering young children who some day will fill important and useful spheres in life, and washing clothes is part of my grand task in caring for these souls who shall live forever."
Thank you, Mary Ann and Wendi - I enjoyed my boxes and appreciate your sweet thoughtfulness and creativity in putting them together! Thank you for your generous encouragement! Hop on over to Carrie's for more swap sharing!

24 comments:

Mary Ann said...

This was fun, Monica. Thanks for everything you put in my box.

Funny... I was going to make aprons for you and Wendi, too... then at the last minute decided against it. Imagine my surprise when I opened both of your boxes to find aprons! LOL!!! That would've been funny if I'd done aprons, too.

Heather said...

That looks so fun! I love the apron you made, Monica, and also the Elisabeth Elliot quote.

Wendi said...

I am glad that you enjoyed your swapbox. It was lots of fun putting it together. I loved that we both sent aprons. Great minds!

Thank you for your wonderful box and for all your hard work hosting this swap!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This was so fun to participate in. Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess.

Jenn said...

Wow, what a creative swap! Thanks for hosting again :)

Danielle said...

Looks like so much fun...sorry I had to miss this time around:-(

jen said...

Thank you for sharing the quote from Elisabeth Elliot...I am going to make a print of that quote for above my washing machine. Great encouragement!
God Bless!

Ruth said...

Such great ideas from all of you. It looks like a very fun swap.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

What fun! You are so creative. I need to do some spring cleaning around here.

e.m. said...

I love the quote from Elisabeth Elliot. I think I will make a framed version of it for our laundry area..to motivate me to do the wash..it is not my favorite task..hehe. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! Hopefully I can participate in the next swap!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE, Monica!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! All the gifts were beautiful!
Blessings,
Joy

Judah said...

wow those are too cute!!! looks like fun

Anonymous said...

Hey, Monica. I haven't received my Australian box yet but will post when I do.

Jona Giammalva said...

Thank you for the link to my tutorial! Your apron turned out sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

How do you get involved in the swap? I read your blog A LOT and am constantly reminded to turn to the Lord with your insights! I would love to participate in something like this if I could!

Ellie said...

Thanks for organizing this Monica and Carrie!! Your things look great!! I am trying to link mine to Crrie's but can't seem to get her blog to come up just yet.

Blessings,
Ellie

Lisar said...

Thanks for organising the swap...I love the parcel which I received from Ginger....hoping that my box reaches her very soon...thought it might be there by now...looking forward to hearing it has arrived safely.

*carrie* said...

Monica,

Fun to see your boxes since you'd described the contents. I'm glad the 3-way swap was a success!

Amy said...

How cute! I am bummed I missed the swap, but maybe I can chime in next time :) I loved your cute theme!

Elise said...

Wow, those are great swaps!! Now, did you repurpose something for the patchwork aprons or did you actually find that fabric somewhere?? I LOVE it!!
Elise

Pamela said...

What fun! I will definitely have to partake in the next swap!

Me said...

Monica,

I hope my post isn't a duplicate. We left home and just came back. Anyway, thank you for this swap. It was a lot of fun! :) I posted on Carrie's blog (I hope ;) and on my blog regarding my goodies.