I haven't done many of the tags I've received recently - but both Kimberlee and Kara tagged me for the same one this weekend - so here goes:
Ok, it will take me a ridiculously long time to come up with seven random things - but I will get started:
1. Thoughts on my mind right now include: concern over the election and what that means to our country (I am writing this before the election); what if someday, I don't have enough food to feed my family?; how can I cultivate a servant heart in my very young children? teaching them to look to the needs of others?; my house is a complete disaster lately - I can't seem to get caught up; areas of needed improvement as a child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend.
2. It's certainly no secret that I love the Mitford books ~ have you ever thought about which character you are most like? I'm Father Tim. Old fashioned, home loving, sort of shy, not too excited about change or risks. How about you?
3. I love cold sheets. If I sit in bed and read, I have to flip my pillow over or let it cool off or something because I just love laying my head down on a cool pillowcase. I also love the feel of old sheets - smooth and comforting. I'm not into high thread counts and all that new fangled stuff.
4. I have fun making up little games with myself to get my work done. I will set lots of little goals and then try to beat myself at it. Um, should I be telling you all these things? Will you all still like me? I know, it's random - it does help me get a lot done though!
5. As a child, I was not like Father Tim - I would go up to anyone and could chatter away on any number of things. I always got comments on my report card like, "Monica is a very pleasant child, but she talks too much."
I also hum. Alot. In fourth grade, my teacher was going to ask me to go stand outside and get my humming out. You know what? Most times I don't even realize I'm doing it. I guess the joy in my heart just spills over without me even knowing.
6. I have a lot of bad dreams. They are very strange and very real. I really hate this. It is very hard! I pray that my children will never have to know what this feels like.
7. I have been listening to Christmas music lately and also this recording called The Door. It comes with a DVD of the live recording of this worship album done in Beijing, China. Can you imagine what it was like to worship God in a place where God is not accepted at all? It boggles my mind and wow, so powerful. I was on a mission trip one time with this couple who led up this project, so was excited to see what they are doing now.
There you have it - seven random things and it took me less than 30 minutes! I can hardly believe it - please share your random things in the comments - I'd love to hear them!