Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Harvest Swap

It’s time for another swap! Our theme is harvest, and we’re all about autumn and Thanksgiving with this fun swap. Please keep the theme in mind when selecting items for your partner, and as usual, please limit your gifts to what can fit in a shoebox.

Things went much better last time, so we’ve decided to continue our simplified approach. Please read the following details carefully.

1. In order to participate, you must either have swapped successfully with us before, or you must be a regular commenter on one of our blogs (The Homespun Heart/with all that I’ve been given). We had many people write last time and ask what qualifies a regular commenter. This does not mean you have to comment daily, or even weekly, but we need to recognize your name when you sign up.

Before you send us an e-mail, please consider if you have the time and resources to fulfill your swap. Every swap, we have at least one person who writes to say they’ll be late in sending their box because they can’t afford the shipping. We want to respect your financial situation, and ask that you consider joining in next time instead.

2. You need to fill out your questionnaire as part of the sign-up. In order to sign up for this swap, please e-mail sisterswaps@hotmail.com with the following info:

name
complete mailing address
e-mail address
blog site, if you have one

Please indicate if you would be willing to ship internationally.

Also, please answer the following questions in the e-mail. The more thorough your answers, the better we can match you with someone complementary.

What does the word “harvest” mean to you?What is your favorite thing about the fall season?These next questions are to indicate your preferences--feel free to elaborate on your choices:

Hot weather or cold
Tea or coffee
Cake or pie
Buy it or make it
Book or movie

Sign-up entries must be complete to be included. Even if you’ve swapped with us before, please send all of the information requested above.

Important dates to consider:

Sign-ups due by 8 a.m. (CST) Thursday, October 16, or when 40 people have signed up.
Partner info will be e-mailed to you by October 20.
Please send your shoebox by Friday, November 7.

If you have not received an e-mail from us by October 22, please check your “junk” folder.

Thanks, and happy swapping!

17 comments:

Elise said...

Did I make this one in time?! Yay!!
I will email you in just a minute...
Elise

Brie said...

Wish I could participate this time because it's my favorite time of year, but I'm going to be gone to much in order to fill the box and ship it on time. Have fun!

P.S. Those crescent rolls look yummy. I'll have to try those next time crescent rolls are on sale.

Catherine said...

Oh! I wish I wasn't so far away!

Creatively Missy said...

Sounds like fun but I haven't commented enough to join...only posted here once. LoL Maybe next time!

Have fun everyone!

letterstoelijah said...

Oh this sounds like fun!
One question: is there a min and max dollar amount? this would be my first time so I'm just wondering.

Jordan said...

Looks like fun! I guess I'd better start commenting so I can do the next one! :)

I just recently found your site off of MSM.

Cheyenne Nichols said...

What fun! I don't know if I qualify or not :p I read your blog several times a week but I rarely comment lol But that's okay, I don't have time right now anyway! lol

I think you're wonderful and I am always inspired by you. :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! Oh I do need to comment more! I read your blog on my reader and I never have enough time to comment. You are such a humble person!
I love all of your Christmas ideas and I'm even going to make my son one of the sock monkeys you poseted about. They are so so cute. Ah well, maybe next time!

Blessing,

Tara

Bethany Thompson said...

I am an advid reader of your blog but have not ever commented but REALLY want to do the swap... oh I can't wait to join the fun!

anon said...

that does look like fun. great idea.

Lisar said...

My sentiments are the same as some of the others....shame I don't comment very often...and shame I live in Australia!!! Oh well...I will enjoy hearing all about what is swapped...it is a lovely idea...great way to share amongst new found friends (and old)...blessings...Lisa

Milissa said...

Hi Monica,

I sent an email for the swap. I would love to participate...but I'm not sure if I've posted enough to be recognized. If not...I'll work on that for the next swap! :)
Take care, Milissa

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you... hoping I made it in time! Thank you for doing this again, they are really fun! :)

Okay, posting this with my AIM name, but my blog is http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jandrlearnathome

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I wont be able to join this swap but definatly interested in another swap. What exactly do you swap and is there a min/max dollar amount? I would love to see pictures of what some of you are sending and receiveing in the swap!! (of course after its over so no suprises are spoiled:) !)

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

bummer... I missed this one. I'll be watching to see if you do one for Christmas and I'll try to get in on that one! I always enjoy looking at the things you give and receive and would love to see what some of the other boxes are too for ideas.

Unknown said...

bugger. I missed out again. I will need to check more often for your next one. I have been swaping at swapbot so I could get ready for your next one. Please let us know when it will be. I can't wait:-)
Katrina in AZ

Josiah and Anna said...

I had so much fun with the last swap! Thanks for letting me join in:-) I am now back in Mozambique. I look forward to seeing what people swap this time around:-) God bless!