Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Haven Swap

You may have guessed it was coming! With the two of us in the same room, the next swap was definitely on our minds.

The theme of this swap is haven. We hope this swap will encourage you to make your home a more welcoming, refreshing and inviting place. Please keep those ideas in mind when selecting items for your partner. As usual, please limit your swap contents to what can fit in a shoebox.

We’re doing things a little differently this time, so please read the following details carefully.

1. With our last swap, we had quite a few participants who did not follow through, which is very disappointing to their partners and requires more work on our part as the coordinators. As a result, we’ve decided this time to do more of a “closed” swap. In order to participate, you must either have swapped successfully with us, or you must be a regular commenter on one of our blogs (The Homespun Heart/with all that I’ve been given). We are sorry to disappoint anyone, but feel this is the best course for this round of swapping. If this swap goes more smoothly, we hope to host a more “open” swap next time.

2. Another change is that we’d like you to fill out your questionnaire as part of the sign-up. In order to sign up for this swap, please e-mail sisterswaps@hotmail.com with the following info:

Name
Complete mailing address
E-mail address
Blog site, if you have one
Please indicate if you would be willing to ship internationally.

Also, please answer the following questions in the e-mail. The more thorough your answers, the better we can match you with someone complementary.

What does the word “haven” mean to you?
What color themes are in your home? (List specific rooms, e.g. kitchen is black and red)
Describe your dream home.
Describe your decorating style.

Sign-up entries must be complete to be included. Even if you’ve swapped with us before, please send all the above requested information.

Important dates to consider:
Sign-ups due by 8 a.m. (CST) Thursday, July 24, or when 50 people have signed up.
Partner info will be e-mailed to you by July 31.
Please send your shoebox by Wednesday, August 20!

If you have not received an e-mail from us by August 1, please check your “junk” folder.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! It sounds like fun!

Aubrey said...

Oh, I don't know if I count as a regular commenter. This sounds like such a fun idea, though!

Julie Willis said...

That sounds so neat. I hope to be apart of it next time. I really enjoy your site!

Sarah said...

I wish I had started commenting more! I just love your blog it is so very homey!

Rebekah L. said...

How many times would I have had to comment to be a regular commenter? :O) I dont leave comments often but I have three or four times.

Jada said...

I hope I count as a regular commenter! I did participate last time and followed through. =)

Jenn said...

Sounds like fun!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

This does sound like fun! I will be signing up!

Wanted to let you know, too, that I went ahead and splurged on a Land's End suit and it came yesterday. It is wonderful and I will be writing a post about it!!! (Probably once we have taken it on vacation this weekend and tried it out!!)

Jenn said...

Is there a dollar amount set for this swap or is it left up to each individual swapper?

Linda said...

I hope I'm commenting often enough to be counted as a regular.. *lol*

And ehmm.. like I said, I hope I'm not too late.. it's already friday here, but maybe with the time difference and all, I'm in.. hehe ;)

Greetings from the netherlands!

My Blessings From Above said...

Darn! I am a regular "lurker" lol and don't comment often. I guess I'll have to stop lurking and start commenting so I can participate next time! :)
Blessings~
Michele

Kathy said...

I second Michele, I am going to have to think of witty and edifying things to contribute so i can be a "regualr commenter" OH THE PRESSURE!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Think I may have missed the chance to sign up. But was dissappointed to hear that people did not fallow through with the last swap. I really enjoyed it my self and made a new friend. Would be willing to help if some one was about to be left out. Just e-mail me if you need help. As for the swap. Since I missed the sign up time. I will look forward to seeing what others do. Just don't want to see anyone left out.

GranthamLynn said...

I am sorry I missed it. I had lost you for a while. I kept getting your door hanger post and thought you hadn't posted. I have checked a couple of times and was going to write a comment and tell you I missed you. Then I figured out how to find your current posts. I am so sorry I the swap deadline.
I hope you all have fun.
Now I am back to read the posts I missed. Glad I found you and that everything is ok.
Smiles,
Sherry