Tuesday, July 15, 2008

CVS Deals

Since several of you have mentioned that you've been inspired to start shopping the deals because you saw them here - I thought I would at least periodically post what I got that week.

This was a great week at CVS - I thought. So, here is what I did:

On my card: (I have Extra Bucks that need to be used, so I was trying to really boost my total with as little out of pocket as possible)

Two 6x8 photo books: $7.99 each; $7.99 Extra Bucks reward - limit two = free
One 4x6 photo book: $3.99 each; $3.99 Extra Bucks reward - limit one = free
Two Sally Hansen's nail polish: 0.99 each; use this $3/2 coupon = earn $1
One CVS cleansing cloths: $3.49; use $2/1 CVS beauty item and earn $1 Extra Bucks = 0.49
Two Herbal Essence shampoo (I used this as a filler item): 2/$5; $3/2 mfr. coupon = $2
Two Sure Deodorant: $2.69 each; use 2 $1/1 coupons; earn $3 Extra Bucks, send in for BOGO rebate = earn $2.31
Two Colgate Total toothpaste: 2.79 each; use 2 $1/1 coupons; on sale for BOGOF = 0.79 for two

Use $3/$15 coupon.
Spend Extra Bucks: $22.98
Spend out of pocket: $0.30
Earn Extra Bucks: $23.97
Total: $3.00 earned

David's card:
Two 6x8 photo books: $7.99 each; $7.99 Extra Bucks reward - limit two = free
One 4x6 photo book: $3.99 each; $3.99 Extra Bucks reward - limit one = free
Two Sally Hansen's nail polish: 0.99 each; use this $3/2 coupon = earn $1
One CVS cleansing cloths: $2.99; use $2/1 CVS beauty item and earn $1 Extra Bucks = free
Two Sure Deodorant: $2.69 each; use 2 $1/1 coupons; earn $3 Extra Bucks = 0.38
Two CVS panitliners: 0.99 each; 0.99 Extra Bucks reward - limit two = free
Two CVS tampons: $1.49 each; $1.49 Extra Bucks reward - limit two = free

Use $3/$15 coupon.
Spend Extra Bucks: $20.00
Spend out of pocket: $6.00
Earn Extra Bucks: $28.93
Total: $2.93 earned

Grand total: $5.93 earned

The photo books alone make this a great week to visit CVS if you could use these for upcoming gifts or even for yourself!

Coupon links courtesy of Crystal at Money Saving Mom. Also, for those of you in the south, remember you can use the above $3/$15 coupon at Publix as well! Visit here to view other scenarios.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for posting these. You got me started about a month ago. I go every week. The best deal I got was $37 worth of items for $.99.

Mary Ann said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I first heard of Eckerd's(now Rite-Aid) and Walgreens rebate programs through you. Thank you!

I haven't been to CVS yet this week. I found a couple of deals that we can use even if they are not the best money makers, so I will be hitting them up when I get out.:-)

Wendi said...

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing what deals you find. You inspired me a while back to start using the Walgreen's rebate program. According my hubby I am becoming the queen of rebates complete with a spreedsheet!

I am now also shopping CVS. I have just been using hubby's card, but I think I am ready to venture out and start using a CVS card for him and myself. Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- great deals! Wish we had a CVS! Love, Mom

Katy said...

Wow! You got some great deals! We have a CVS in the next town over...but I have never been in there. I would love to find similar great deals....it just seems to good to be true. I get confused on how you use a coupon and actually earn money on something? LOL please excuse my ignorance...I would LOVE to be more frugal....I am just not totally sure how to start! ACK!

Elise said...

I have been needing to send some pictures to my dad, maybe I will do the photo book for him. Thanks for posting this.
Elise

LynnMarie said...

I would love a lesson in how you get the great deals at CVS. I don't understand how you can hand over a coupon and get money back! I guess I'm just lost when it comes to that.

Anonymous said...

I'm a CVS/Walgreens shopper too, as are most of my friends. We're actually having a debate though about the ethics of "double dipping," which is where you open multiple accounts under different names, ostensibly in the same household, so you can take advantage of a good deal more than once.

I know one argument for it is that “all’s fair in love and frugal shopping,” and if you can come up with a way to further extend a store-offered deal, more power to you. The stores in question encourage combining coupons, sales, and rebates, so to partake is just using the system set up to gain customers. To use the system to its fullest is just the advantage of taking more time and effort on the shopping.

But the other side of the coin says that the CVS/Walgreens deals are marked as per household, (as in “one deal per household”) so to have multiple accounts under different names for the same house, even if it’s like a work address and a home address, it’s basically resorting to fraud to take advantage of a deal, and is thus unethical (one friend insists it’s no different than theft by fraud). The other argument I hear is that it’s not fair to other shoppers to open multiple accounts and take more than your allotted share of a bargain, and thus possibly denying their family the opportunity to reap some of the same good fortune from a sale… Especially a problem on items that are “needs” items for families on fixed incomes who may depend on a sale for certain items.

I’d love to hear your take on the subject, on why it’s OK or not OK to have or not have multiple accounts for the same household.

Kath Mattus said...

I wanted to drop a note regarding the
$3 off $15 coupon. Our CVS requires the full page...not just the actual coupon. What is your store's policy in this matter?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Kath,

Please forgive my long delay in responding to you - our CVS does not require the full page, I can cut out the coupon and use just fine.

Monica