Friday, March 07, 2008

TV Converter Box Rebate

While I am fairly clueless about how all of this stuff works - I did want to pass on this deal David found out about!

Beginning next year, all TV's will be switched from analog to digital broadcasting. For those of us who hardly watch any TV and do not have cable or a digital TV, a fix is needed. This is where the Converter Box comes in. They are between $45 and $50 and are available at Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Here is the good news, you can apply for a $40 rebate by submitting this form. Our rebate came today and is good for 90 days from the date of issue.

I just wanted to pass on this info in case it would help someone else out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone wanting additional information there is a website that puts the issue in simple easy language. Here at http://www.ezdigitaltv.com/Converter_Box_Coupon_Program.html it tells about how to get the government sponsored coupons for converter boxes.

Anonymous said...

David and I talked about this while I was there, so when I got home, I sent for our coupon. We haven't received it yet, but I appreciated the info he shared!
Love, Mom

More than Survival said...

Thank you for this info and link!!! I appreciate the opportunity to get this coupon. We don't have cable or satilite and my husband absolutely REFUSES to buy a new TV! I requested the coupon.
Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear we don't have to buy new tvs. Thanks for the info...
Elise

*carrie* said...

Monica,

I'm glad to know you took advantage of this. Jan just told us about it when she was here. We also thought we'd have to buy a new TV, which is just so wasteful!! This new thing is still a pain, but at least they're making it easier to acquire.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I haven't visited your site for a while, but sure am glad I did tonight. I have missed reading about everyone and seeing your girls. They are growing up so fast. This is terrific information. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate the opportunity to save on this as I couldn't afford the extra money.

Belinda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this link, Monica. I had been intending to order this coupon, but had neglected to do so. You made it easy. Thank you!
Do they mail it out to you?

Thanks again.

Love,Grandma

Great Deals said...

Sound Good!! i am really glad to hear but we don't have to buy new tvs. Thanks for sharing