I always start with the Kitchen mainly because it is one of the hardest rooms and I like to get it out of the way!
Here is the before photo:
And, here is what I did to clean this room:
* Clear counters
* Dust walls
* Dust ceiling fan
* Clean windows inside/out
* Dust window sills
* Wipe fronts of cabinets
* Clean top of refrigerator
* Clean inside/underneath microwave
* Wipe down all counters
* Clean sink
* Sweep and mop floor (including underneath oven and refrigerator)
* Wipe fronts of dishwasher and oven
* Empty trash and wipe outside of trash can
My Mom helped me clean out the refrigerator while she was here and also set the Oven Clean cycle. And, my sister helped me clear my piles off the counters! So this room was definitely a team effort!
I had washed the rug last week, so did not repeat that this time. Eventually I'd like to wipe out all the cabinets - but that just wasn't happening this time either!
Here is the after: