Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Clean: Entry Way and Living Room

Yesterday, our scheduled rooms were the Entry Way and Living Room. I tried it in the morning again - though the ladies were definitely more restless than they had been on Tuesday.

Entry Way before:
In this room we:
* Dusted walls
* Washed window and door window inside and out
* Dusted light fixture
* Dusted cabinet top
* Shook rug (recently washed)
* Vacuumed and mopped floor

Emily washed the window:Entry Way after:

Living Room before:

Accomplished in this room:
* Dusted Walls
* Dusted blinds
* Washed window inside (I did not wash the outside because our ladder is occupied by a family of birds! So, I need David's help on this.)
* Vacuumed behind couch
* Dusted everything
* Picked up all toys
* Washed window in back door inside and out
* Shook rug (recently washed) by back door, vacuumed and mopped floor
* Moved collage frames to hang chalkboard my Mom gave me for Christmas (Yes, it has taken me a while to get this done - but check out this chalkboard in the pictures, it used to be a tabletop!)
* Vacuumed air return
* Vacuumed entire room
* Ceiling fan did not get cleaned because of the ladder situation mentioned earlier! I tried a chair, but I still could not even remotely reach it!
* The fireplace needs cleaned out, but David is planning to do that for me soon - thank you!

Living Room after:
Thank you all for cleaning with me - I wanted to mention that over 60 rooms have been cleaned so far! Great job!

12 comments:

More than Survival said...

You are doing a WONDERFUL job! My spring cleaning isn't getting alot of attention, but I did Spring clean my van yesterday. We finally had some very NICE spring weather and I had to be OUTSIDE!!
I just wanted to let you know that I really like the way you arrange your furniture. I like the angles!
Have a BLESSED day!
HEather

Anonymous said...

Great work and before/after photos -- and of course, I love your little helper! :) (Love the swimsuit -- it is snowing here this morning so it's hard to imagine it being warm enough for swimwear!) Love you, Mom

*carrie* said...

Good job--you're making your home even more homey and comfortable!

Wendi said...

Love the chalkboard! My spring cleaning hasn't gone so well. I hope to get back on track today and Saturday. Great job!

Jessica said...

I enjoy looking at your home decor! You have some very nice pieces of furniture.

Have you done a post on the garland hanging from your mantle? I would like to see the details on that...

Katy said...

Great Great job Monica!!! It looks fantastic...I am to be cleaning the playroom...and gosh...i am having a hard time pushing myself to do that then the living room!! :(

Anonymous said...

Monica,
Your home looks so warm and inviting! I love the cabinet in your entryway. I am amazed at your energy. Please send some my way. You know how it is at the tail end of pregnancy. Or maybe not, you seem to be the energizer bunny!!
Elise

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It looks wonderful! You're doing a great job and I must say that I just love your style.

Blessings,
Lea

Amy said...

GREAT job, Monica! Your entry way looks so tidy and I love all of your "helper" pictures. Thank you for your inspiration!!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Jessica,

I've been having trouble uploading the garland to post - but I plan to have it up sometime next week.

Monica

The Liberty Belle said...

You've certainly inspired me to tackle a few things around my house that are in need of my attention. Keep up the good work!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Wow, your home is absolutely beautiful! I loved the photos!