It's been a little while since I posted something on this series - but my journal still holds entries I'd like to share on this topic. Since I didn't do any Spring Cleaning yesterday, I thought this would be a good time to pause and get one of these posts in.
Do my priorities reflect a clean heart?
What are my priorities? (Listed randomly, not necessarily in order...)
* My walk with God
* My husband and children
* My home
* Family and Friends
* Crafting and Creating
* Church and Outreach
What are God's thoughts on my priorities?
* Titus 2: husband; children; be at home
* My relationship with Him
* Proverbs 31: reaching out to help the poor; managing my home
* Talents and gifts He has entrusted to us
This answer, like schedule, has the tendency to be varied. Even in one hour, I could choose the right priority once and then make a poor decision 15 minutes later. Overall, it seems like my priorities are in order - but when I look deeper and really search my heart and consider my motives - I see room for change and growth.
So, a good question could be - How can I practice choosing God's priorities for my day?
* Start my day by asking for His guidance and a heart that is sensitive to hearing and obeying it.
* Scripture Memory
* Ask myself important questions before making decisions - will this make me more like God? Will this help someone else know more about God?
* Plan my day according to the priorities God has laid on my heart, but leave room for flexibility too.