These paper napkin rings are very simple and versatile for any occasion.
* Cut one small rectangle of desired patterned paper (should not go all the way around the napkin, only about half way).
* Print on velum paper (or other desired paper) the word you want to highlight. You could also rubber stamp, handwrite or use stickers for this part.
* Cut out with decorative scissors.
* Cut a small hole through both layers at each end.
* Thread a short ribbon through each hole. Run the ribbon around the back of the napkin and pull to cinch tight. I used a 1/8" hole punch so there's no need to knot ribbon.