Our bedroom door closes if you merely breathe on it, it seems. I've been wanting to make a doorstop for it - but just hadn't settled on what I wanted to do. I wanted something different than this for this time around.
As it happens, when you cannot sleep at 5am and get up to peruse crafty blogs - you will likely come up with a few projects you want to work on! I hadn't let myself browse this site lately because I knew I did not need any more projects right now. But, at 5am - the rest is history.
Here is the lovely tutorial (courtesy of this blog) I came upon for a very cute doorstop and I decided this was the one to make for our door!
And, this is how my doorstop turned out:
Front:I had never machine quilted anything before - so was very pleased that I actually did it and it looks nice! I mixed up the pattern a little bit and did solid on the back and patterns on the front. This enabled me to buy less fabric and the entire project was probably just a little over $3.00 - $2.50 of which was for the four pounds of dried beans!
Initially, I wasn't sure about the handle - but it has come in handy already as David's closet is right behind this door that goes to our room, so it needs to be moved fairly often. Also, the girls think it is a purse and have had tons of fun playing with it in the 24 hours it has been in place. Rachel lugs it behind her (it has 4 lbs of dry beans in it!) and says, "Bye!"
Another thing I did differently, was I did not put a zipper in the bottom of the door stop - I just hand stitched it up and when it needs cleaning, I can use a lint roller and damp rag.