I've been inspired by my friend, Amy, and her idea of a Christmas Jar. She comes up with ideas of things to do each day of December with her little ones and they draw one out each day.
I need to be able to plan a little bit more - so I'm not doing a jar. But, I have come up with a list of things we can do each day between December 1 and 24!
Here's my list:
* Drive around to see Christmas Lights.
* Watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
* Read Christmas stories by a fire.
* Advent Wreath: we'll be doing this each Sunday, so I'm counting this for four days worth.
* Make Cookies.
* Attend a live nativity.
* Watch Charlie Brown Christmas.
* Go to the nearest mall and ride the Christmas train ($1/ride).
* Attend the musical at church.
* Decorate Tree (we did this over the weekend)
* Play the ornament game. (A game my sister and I made up when we were little!)
* Star gaze; read the Christmas Story (Luke) and drink hot cocoa.
* Watch the Grinch.
* Rent Polar Express: watch together and have hot chocolate!
* Pop popcorn and play a game together. (Amy's idea!)
* Color or paint a Christmas coloring page.
* Have a Nutcracker Night - crack pecans for gifts, listen to Nutcracker, eat sugared pecans.
* Watch Frosty the Snowman.
* Make orange snowmen.
* Make a Glory Chain.
* Host an Advent Walk - Mitford style!
* Volunteer as a family.
* Festival of Lights drive through.
* Christmas Eve traditions.
* Christmas holiday parade or boat parade.
Some of these will not make sense until I post further details on what I have in mind - so just keep watching! I'll look forward to sharing pictures and more info on these activities! Almost all of these are free or can be done at home!