Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Apple Crisp

Here's the requested recipe for the individual apple crisps I made the other night! Enjoy!

Recipe from: Betty Crocker's New Cookbook

2 medium apples peeled, cored and sliced
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. oats
3 T. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Spray three jelly jars with cooking spray. Divide sliced apples among jars. Combine brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Cut in butter. Divide topping between jars - they will be VERY full! Bake on a baking sheet at 350 for about 30 minutes. Contents will settle as it cools. Top with vanilla ice cream if desired!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Friend!!

elizabeth said...

Thank you so much! I can't wait to surprise my husband with this. He just loves apple pie and I'm not so good at making pies. Hopefully since this doesn't require an actual crust I'll be able to do it! :)

Kimmie said...

Wow, I never thought to bake in jam jars...what a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing-!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

WendyDarling said...

Hi :-) I just came across your site while "surfing." ;-) This looks like a great recipe!

I was wondering something. I have heard of cakes that you can make in canning jars, and then while they are still hot you put seals and lids on them. Many people are making this and shipping it overseas to the soldiers. I was wondering if this could be applied to this recipe as well. Have you ever tried to ship it?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Wendy - I have never tried to seal or ship these! This is the one and only time I've even made them! Have fun experimenting!

Monica