Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Wow! I don't know about all of you - but while I simply thrive on getting a good deal - I'm finding that it is an enormous amount of work and the cashiers don't seem to like people like me very much. Sigh.
Anyway - here are the deals I found this week:
Walgreens: (I had a hard time finding some of the free items, so you will notice they are not in the picture, but make sure to check your stores!)
* Alka-Seltzer Plus Immunity Complex: sale price $6.99 - cash register rewards $6.99 = free
* Pantene Pro-V Texturize! Hair Care: $4.99 with $4.99 mail-in-rebate = free
* Rimmel Renew & Lift Makeup: $8.99 with $8.99 mail-in-rebate = free
* Aquafresh Toothbrush: $3.99 with $3.99 mail-in-rebate = free
* Zantac 150 8 count: $4.99 with $4.99 mail-in-rebate = free
* Clear Care Contact Solution 4 oz.: $6.99 with $6.99 mail-in-rebate = free
* Children's Tylenol and Children's Tylenol Plus: 2/$10 with $5.00 mail-in-rebate and $3.00 mfr. coupon in yesterday's paper = $2.00 for two bottles (an amazing deal since they are normally $6.99 a bottle!) NOTE: I was overcharged on this, but note that both items are shown in the ad and I did get my money back.
* Suave Professionals products: 5/$10 with $5 mail-in-rebate and two $1.00 mfr. coupons off of two bottles each = $3.00 for five products
* Deerfield Farms cheese: sale price $0.99 - no extra coupons on this one, but it is a good deal. NOTE: Make sure to carefully check the dates on cheese products at Walgreens. Both my Mom and I have seen expired products on sale.
* Targus Ladies Essential tote: $49.99 - $36 instant savings - $11 easy rebate = $2.99 (ours was already out!)
* 8-pack #2 Dixon yellow pencils: $0.01; limit three
* Zantac 150 8 ct.: $4.99 - $4.99 mail-in-rebate = free
* Duck EZ Start Packing Tape: $1.50 - $1.50 mail-in-rebate = free (this is a repeat, you may only qualify for one offer during the month of August)
* Zantac 150 8 ct: $5.49 - $5.49 Extra Bucks printed at register = free
* Rice Krispie Treats 8 ct (Pop Tarts and Yogos snacks are on sale also): $1.69 - $1.00 off 2 mfr. coupon = $4.76 for four boxes
* Kellogg's Cereal: $1.99 - $1.00 off 2 mfr. coupon = $9.94 for six boxes
There was a mail-in-rebate in the paper a couple of weeks ago for $10 back on ten Kellogg's products - so my total for all of this will be: $4.70
* I also bought a couple of other sale items and used my $20 Extra Bucks coupon from all the cereal that was on sale a couple of weeks ago - so I paid $1.29 cash out of my pocket for everything I bought and got $2.00 in Extra Bucks at the register - so I came out on the good end!
I am really trying not to buy sugary cereal, but honestly - this was a deal I could not pass up and I will set aside one morning a week for cereal so that it does not become our norm. Also, David loves Rice Krispie treats and as much as I prefer homemade items, mine just aren't as good as these. So, these will be special treats for us.