Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner

I finally had my first success with the Crock Pot! I've heard so many sing its' praises, but I've struggled to make meals that we like in the Crock Pot.

So, I was excited to try this recipe my Mom sent me that has become a favorite of theirs. It was SUPER easy and very tasty!

I served it with steamed green beans and homemade rolls (from the freezer) ~ yummy!

Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner (from Taste of Home)

6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (I used baby carrots)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used three)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup, undiluted (my Mom reports that this substitute works just fine!)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
2-4 Tbsp. mashed potato flakes, optional (I did not use these)

Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine the soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. To thicken if desired, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook for 30 minutes longer.

Yield: 4 servings

12 comments:

Wendi said...

Yum! That looks very good. I haven't had much luck with chicken in the crock pot. I am going to give this a try.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked this recipe! :)
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, it looks reeeeally good. I'll have to try it out.
God bless :)

Amy said...

That looks really good! Thank your mom from me :)

Timalee said...

Glad you found a crock pot recipe you like, mine is my best "kitchen" friend! I use it at least twice a week! And most of the recipes I really like for it are from Taste of Home.

AmyG said...

Wow, yummy!
I love my crock-pot and use it at least twice weekly, it is so nice not to have to heat up the entire kitchen.

Your chicken looks delicious!

Christine said...

It looks scrumptious! I am going to try this soon!

Rose of Sharon said...

Hi, I just started a Blog and listed you as one of my favorite Blog sites! I hope you will come and check out mine. I am still trying to tweak it and make it my own, but having fun! Thank you for your inspiration! You are doing great. Sharon RoseofSharonMay@blogspot.com

Jenn said...

Oh my, Taste of Home is the best!!! A subscription to them would be well worth the increase in meals added to your repetoire!!!

JEnn

lora k said...

I make a similar recipe, and in addition to what you added, I will add Rotel tomatoes (drained). My family loves it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good...I think I'll try it this school year!

Leah said...

Looks yummy, Monica! And now that fall is here, it's time to try some new recipes. Thanks for this one!