Thursday, August 02, 2007

Mitford Moment: Flowers and Fresh Baked Pie

When Father Tim arrives at Meadowgate Farm,

"A Mason jar of early wildflowers sat in the center, along with a deep-dish apple pie, fresh from the oven."
These simple pleasures bring such joy to the guest when he arrives. Do I take the time to prepare inviting treats like this for those who enter my home? What about for the family who lives here every day?



I hope you are enjoying these little ideas of bringing Mitford into our lives - we are only on page 29 of the first book, so will be at this for a looooooong time!

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love these little Mitford moments. Keep them coming!:-)

Wendi said...

Mitford moments are great! I am currently reading the third book and loving it.

Leah said...

I agree ~ I *love* your Mitford Moments! =)

~ Leah

Stephanie said...

Love them. :)

Susan P. said...

Monica, you KNOW I LOVE THEM!! I think I've told you before that your Mitford Moments are one of my very favorite things you do! You have even inspired me to "dust" off the books and revisit my "old friends!"

Rebecca said...

I enjoyed reading parts one and two of the Mitford series. I read them more for entertainment and never really thought to take lessons "home" with me. Great idea!