Monday, August 06, 2007

Ice Cream Sundays

This week, I didn't actually use ice cream in the recipe - but we enjoyed a cold treat anyway!

Peanut Butter Pie

Crust:
1 1/4 c. chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
*Or, you can substitute one purchased chocolate cookie crust.

Filling:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 T. butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. heavy cream, whipped
Grated chocolate or cookie crumbs, optional

Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9" pie plate. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. (If using a purchased crust - you can skip this step.) Cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Garnish as desired - I used sprinkles. Refrigerate.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks yummy!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Oh yeah! PB Pie is one of my favorites.

Susan P. said...

Yummy, yum, yum;o) This is off topic but when I found this I immediately thought of you, Monica!

http://www.mitforddays.com/schedule.html

Doesn't is sound like so much fun?!!

Sarah B. B. said...

(Found your blog from your sister's, just fyi.)

I made this last night for my husband's first-day-back-at-teaching treat, and it went over famously - and it's SO easy to make. Thanks for sharing it!