Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Enchiladas!

I made these yummy and simple enchiladas on Saturday night after finding the recipe in Taste of Home. I modified the recipe so will give you my version here...

1-15 oz. can red enchilada sauce
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas warmed
1 1/2 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese plus more for top
1 1/2 c. Mozzarella shredded cheese
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. (4 oz.) sour cream (I used this substitute)
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp. dried parsley

Mix Mexican and Mozzarella cheeses, onion and sour cream in a bowl. Add seasonings - salt, pepper and parsley. Lightly coat an 7" x 11.5" baking dish with cooking spray.

Spoon 1 1/2 T. sauce down the middle of a tortilla. Place about 1/3 c. cheese filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in pan.

Spread all remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas to coat.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with lettuce, olives and sour cream if desired. Makes: 8 enchiladas.

5 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Those look yummy, Monica!

Reviekat said...

What a yummy recipe!

Amy~~ said...

I've visited your blog a few times and really enjoy it!
I'm going to make these tonight! (I also love Taste of Home magazine)

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy, now I just have to find a way to make it non-dairy for my son. hmmmmm.

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

Those look delicious! I'm curious why you used the mock sour cream recipe? Does it taste any different?

I also enjoy Taste of Home...my grandfather-in-law renews my subsription every Christmas! Speaking of TOH, did you see the Candy Land cake on the back cover?! Isn't that just too cute?! I put a copy of the recipe and pic. on my blog so I'd remember it...my 3 year old wants that for her next birthday...which is 6 months away! Talk about thinking ahead...she can't wait!