Thursday, August 23, 2007

Broccoli Chicken Lasagna

Wilma - this is for you! And for anyone else who would love to try it! This recipe was published in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook about a year and a half ago. Hope you enjoy it!

1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. chicken bouillon granules
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 c. milk
2 c. shredded Italian-blend cheese
1 c. cooked chicken, diced
2 c. broccoli flowerets, cooked
4 strips prepared lasagna, divided (this oven-ready lasagna works great and is very simple!)

Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in flour, bouillon, pepper and Italian seasoning. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add cheese; stir until melted. Mix in chicken and broccoli. Spread 1/2 cup mixture in the bottom of an 8"x8" balking pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray. Top with half the lasagna. Top with half the remaining sauce; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serves 4-6.

8 comments:

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Sounds yummy - I will definitely give this one a try!

Wendi said...

Sounds good. I just love Gooseberry Patch!

Leanne said...

That sounds totally delicious! I'll have to try the new lasagna noodles.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing!
God bless :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for that Monica!
That was fast work.


Sounds great. We don't have Italian blend cheese here in NZ (well, not that I've ever seen) but that should be ok.

Cheers, Wilma

theups said...

I've made something similar, but not with this yummy sounding sauce!! OH ME OH MY!!! I must try this! Thank you for sharing it!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to make your recipe (along with regular lasagna) for a baby shower/luncheon that I'm helping with in September. :)
Love you, Mom

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

I decided to try to make this but accidently grabbed frozen spinach instead of broccoli - so I thought I would give that a try. It was decent...but I bet it's MUCH better with broccoli. I loved the cream sauce consistency. Thanks for sharing!