Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Beach Goodies!

My friend, Melissa, and I have long been planning a picnic at the beach one day this summer. However, now the summer is here - we are both pregnant and feeling yucky off and on - and it is H-O-T! So, we have postponed this idea for a while!

However, I had already come up with this cute pail of goodies for her and gave it to her this past weekend! I covered an inexpensive beach pail with scrapbook paper and attached with double-sided tape. I wrote her name on a shell and tied it on the handle along with a pretty shell photo and a poem I wrote on the back.

Inside the bucket, was a new pair of fun flip-flops and a copy of Gift From The Sea. I've never read this book but have heard enough good things about it that I decided it was high time. I bought myself a copy too.

We'll enjoy reading our books inside next to the nice cool air conditioner vent this summer!

PS: I've been bitten by the crafty bug lately! So, be watching for some craft ideas to come! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite chapter of "Gift From The Sea" is toward the end -- "A Few Shells." I hope you and Melissa both enjoy this reflective writing from a woman of another generation. Have fun! :)
Love, Mom

Stephanie said...

What a great idea!

Wendi said...

What a great gift and cute presentation!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Yea for the crafting bug! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Mom2fur said...

Cute idea! You know, with the end of the season approaching, I'd buy a few of those sandpails to keep on hand. I had done that last year with no real plan for them. My daughter needed something cute to use for some fancy nuts she was making for a friend. Her friend loves 'city nuts'--those packets of sugary, cinnamony nuts they sell in the city. So Katherine made some for her. We packed the nuts in little bags, and put them in the sandpail, labeled, "Janelle's Bucket O' Nuts." It was a big hit!
Gifts are so much cuter when the package is part of the gift, aren't they?