Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Swap!

I initially really struggled with the color theme of the Summer Swap - but am super excited about the results of my box! I mailed it off last Monday, so my partner should have received it by now! Hope you liked it, Jolena! Yes, I came in under the $20 max and included a homemade item and a thrifted item!

Here is what I sent:

My partner mentioned that she liked Pottery Barn style, and I noticed in their summer catalog that shells were popular. So, I found this cute yellow bowl and included a bag of shells I picked up on the beach in Florida!

I found these cute orange dinner napkins on clearance at Target!

This is my thrifted item - I just love this! An old yellow measuring cup!

Look at these cute filing folders! Filing can be fun again!

This is my homemade item. I purchased orange/white gingham and yellow fabric and whipped together this summery tote with four big pockets inside and yellow and orange flowers on the ribbon!

I also included a pair of orange flip-flops from Old Navy, a spool of orange ribbon with yellow polka dots and the cute yellow striped cardboard container! What fun!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I am sure she will be delighted to receive this. Love the container, cute!

Leah said...

Great ideas! Who wouldn't love to be the recipient of this adorable package!? How fun!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bright colors, so summer! What a great summer swap. Flip flops look fun also. Glad to see your back.

Susan said...

You did a great job. I have always wanted to participate, however I am not crafty. But it is fun to watch this website and the swaps.

mamabeck said...

Wonderful Job!
I always love the combinations that you come up with!
Blessings,
beck

Melissa said...

Monica,

So glad you're back! And I'm so very, very jealous of that beautiful package!

On a another note...I'm halfway through my 2nd Mitford book! Delightful!

*carrie* said...

Monica,

This turned out great--glad you went ahead with it! I am mailing my box today. I keep laughing when I check your blog--you're one step ahead of me. I had just taken pix of our garden and planned to post those and my swap photos in the next day or two--funny! I'm excited to chat soon!! love, me

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky recipient of that wonderful package! Thank you so much, Monica, for the beautiful summery gifts. You did an awesome job! The homemade bag is my favorite--I think I'll use it to tote around crochet projects while I run errands. Thank you for making this a great first swap for me! Your package is on it's way!

Amy said...

Too cute for words. I love the theme!

Anonymous said...

"Too cute for words." You got that right! Oh wait, you mean the swap gift... Yeah that is pretty nice too.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! You got all that for under $20.00! I'm so very impressed!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun package! And I love your joy in giving :)

Great comment from "Happy Husband!" :)

Love you, Mom

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Oh, you are always so creative! I just love all the colors and how you put it all together. You are very thoughtful.
Blessings,
Joy

Sonya said...

How cool!