Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Coffee Cake Muffins

I am such a muffin girl - warm muffins and cold milk is just about my favorite breakfast! Emily helped me make these yesterday! These are one of my favorite recipes to make.

1 1/4 c. flour
1 egg
2/3 c. oats
2/3 c. milk
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. oil
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. chopped nuts
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into muffin tin. Prepare streusel topping or use crumb topping from freezer.

Topping:
2 T. chopped nuts
2 T. flour
1 T. brown sugar
Cut in 1 T. margarine

Sprinkle 1 tsp. over each muffin.

Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.

* Note: muffin batter can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days. Topping can be stored in a separate container and then assembled when ready to bake.

Makes: 12 muffins

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee cake is one of my favorite things. I will have to give these a try.

Mary Ann said...

Yummy! This looks like a great Sunday morning treat.Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Monica,
The muffins look great. I need to go buy a muffin pan. I don't know if they have those in Germany. Would the same recipe work in a small bread pan?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have a new muffin reciepe to try. My girls are learning to cook. So we are building a reciepe box for each of them to have when that day comes for them to leave home. I have really enjoyed the reciepes you have posted the last few day's. Let me ask you, do you put muffin baking cups in you pan or do you just grease your muffin pan?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Susan - I would think that a small bread pan would work - just adjust the baking time as needed. Let me know how it comes out!

Jenny - I do not use muffin papers, I simply spray with cooking spray. So glad you are enjoying the recipes!

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds delicious!! I will put that on my try now list. Jenny, I love your idea of making recipe boxes for your children-I will have to borrow that idea! Elise

Anonymous said...

I am looking for an unique blueberry muffin receipe. There is a contest coming up for a blueberry muffin bakeoff. I need to win!!

Could you let me know?

Many thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I love hot muffins but with chocolate coffee first thing in the morning. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe. Will try these soon.