Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Chip Dip

One of the special things my family often makes when they know I am coming, is this chip dip. I really never make it for myself - it never turns out as good when I do. It is best made by my Mom, Aunt, Grandma and Sister! We recently enjoyed two batches while in Colorado! So far, it has been enjoyed by five generations of our family!

The Famous Chip Dip

1-8 oz. package soft cream cheese
1 jar pimento cheese spread
1/8-1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/8-1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 T. or less lemon juice
2 T. mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients with a mixer. Chill overnight to blend flavors. Serve with potato chips or raw veggies.

So, what do others prepare for you when they know you are coming?

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

My mom usually makes rhubarb dumplings for us when we go to visit her. The rhubarb and sugar/spices are rolled up in the dough, cut in spirals and then baked with a sweet sauce on top. Yummy! Mine never turn out looking or tasting quite as good as hers!

Anonymous said...

How fun to see this recipe on your blog! I just finished the last of the dip last night --

Love you!
Mom

Lee said...

My Mom makes anything and I enjoy it. :) Something about her making it for me, mixed with childhood memories, and not having to be the one slaving in the kitchen (I help, honest) that makes everything of hers taste so good. I'd have to say that a couple of my favorite appetizers that she makes are chipped beef dip and a heavenly queso....now I'M homesick. Blessings today. :)

Sonya said...

When my grandma was able, she used to always make butterscotch pie for me. She had it every year at Thanksgiving and I really miss that pie! She's 84 now and feeble but I'll never forget those pies! I was the only one in our large family that ate it!