Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Answers

About a year and a half ago, my very dear friend Grace moved away. We are still great friends, but I began to pray that God would bring a new friend that lived nearby as well.

Nine months later, I went to the first session of our Women's Bible Study at church. And, as we each went around and introduced ourselves, there was a beautiful woman across the circle from me who introduced herself and shared that she was married, but did not yet have any children.

God touched my heart to pray for Melissa ~ I could sense her desire for children and I wanted to ask God to bring a child into their family.

Not long after that, I wrote her a note to let her know I was praying. But, the next time I saw her, I was suddenly too shy to give it to her. We'd only "met" once in a group and would she even understand who this note was from?

We were both invited to a stamp party where I learned she used to live in Colorado Springs and near St. Louis - two places that are familiar in my life! So, after that I mailed her card.

Then, we were assigned as prayer partners at one of our next Bible Study mornings and over the next weeks and months have truly become dear friends! She is a kindred spirit! And, look how God answered my prayer for a friend!

But, I continued to pray earnestly for a baby to join their family. At some point this spring, God placed it on my heart to pray that the next time I was pregnant, she would be too. At first I wondered if it was ok to ask for this! And, I would never want to detract from any of her happiness at walking through pregnancy.

But, I did pray. There were opportunities for discouragement and even doubt in these prayers. However, I kept at it and prayed, "Lord, let YOUR will be done. Let all of this bring YOU glory."

A few days before we went to Colorado ~ we confirmed that WE were expecting our 3rd baby! Half of my prayer was answered - but I didn't know how God would choose to answer the other half. I thought, "Ok, Lord ~ there are nine months ahead for both of us to be pregnant at the same time!"

But, I was also struggling just a little to tell my sweet friend. Oh, I knew she would be so happy for me and genuinely rejoice ~ but I wanted HER to have a baby too!

Two weeks later, on the 4th of July ~ Melissa called my Mom's house to tell me that they are expecting as well! I screamed! I cried! We prayed and thanked God - I was so full that day. Oh Lord - increase my faith and forgive me for my moments of doubt!

So, we are now both expecting. I am due February 19th and she is due March 9th! We will indeed experience the entire pregnancy together!

I share this now to give God all praise, honor and glory ~ for He alone has accomplished this.

After my Mother's Day post - I was keenly aware how many of you share these desires for a baby to join your family. I am praying for you.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." ~ Psalm 27:14

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Isn't God amazing?

Leanne said...

Oh How Exciting, Monica!!
We are expecting our 3rd child also, and I'm blessed enough to share it with one of my best friends who is also expecting!
God is Good!

Lee said...

Oh' that is just SO exciting. Congratulations! I've lurked here long enough. I just want to provide you with encouragement today and tell you that my heart is drawn closer to Christ by reading YOUR blog. I feel so many similarities too. I grew up in Colorado Springs and moved away two years ago with my husband. I'm pregnant with our third (due 9-15), too. And really seeking a friend here to make a heart connection with....I'm going to keep praying. Thanks for your encouraging story.

Wendi said...

Congratulations! I write this with tears streaming down my face. I know first hand the deep desire to have a child. I just can't put into words the joy I feel!

Anonymous said...

Monica,
Congratulations on your very exciting news ~ how wonderful!
Blessings,
Michelle J (MI)

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica My heart is rejoicing in this news!! I am so happy that you have found another kindred spirit and to be able to share a pregnancy together is even more special. Now If I could just find a "Monica" here in Jax. I love you my friend and am so happy for you and Melissa!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your friend! It is so exciting and fun to be pregnant with a friend, I also am blessed to be pregnant and sharing it with one of my best friends. Praying for healthy babies for all.
Kristyn (in MD)

Kim said...

Congratulations! I am currently expecting also! I wish I had a close friend to share this with. May God Bless you both with beautiful healthy babies!

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you both and prayers for healthy and happy babies!
Love, Mom

wyndesnow said...

Congratulations Monica! And you are so blessed to be able to share the experience with a friend.

Anonymous said...

(big hug) Congratulations!

Won't it be so nice to have your babies play together?

Tracy said...

What a wonderful story! And congratulations Monica! I had to reread the part about the "3rd baby" just to make sure- then I squealed just a little bit!

Susan said...

Congratulations Monica! I am glad you and your friend can share in this together. Many blessings.

Leah said...

God is so good to answer our each and every prayer ~ and even to answer some of them the very way we'd like Him too! He DOES delight in giving good gifts to His children! Congratulations on your exciting news! =)

~ Leah

Lisa said...

Your news is very exciting!!

Feb. 19 is the birthday of my oldest son Will (now 15).

I will be praying for you during your pregnancy and your friends.

Blessings
Lisa
momxtwo@gmail.com

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

Congratulations, children are such a blessing. It is so wonderful to hear of mothers who pray for us. (the ladies who are not yet mothers) Thank you. It hurts awful bad somedays, but it also is a blessing somedays. God knows what is best, actually God knows what is the PERFECT thing for me, and for everyone else. I am so thankful.

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations! What an exciting answer to prayer. This is weird but I had a dream about a week ago that you were pregnant again! (And I don't even know you in real life!)

I'm also praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy for both of you.

Darcy said...

Congratulations! That is an awesome answer to prayer!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am in tears! No kidding.
Praise God and congratulations!!!
God bless you and your friend as you journey through this together.

Andrea L.

Amy said...

Congratulations, Monica! I couldn't be happier for you or for your friend. I had struggled for a long time with secondary infertility, while trying to get pregnant with my daughter, and I know how difficult that is when you friends are getting pregnant around you. That is such great news that you will be experiencing your pregnancies together. I pray that it is a safe and happy delivery for you both! Thank you for sharing your good news!

*carrie* said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow. Love you!

3boysmama said...

Congratualations!
We are expecting our 3 rd child too! Due in november.

So great that you can share this pregnancy with her!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!

Susan P. said...

Monica, what a testimony to God's love and faithfulness!! Your words brought tears of joy to my eyes for both you and your precious friend. I am so happy for both of you and want you to know I am rejoicing with you all the way from Virginia!! What a mighty and awesome God we serve!

Amy said...

I was starting to have a feeling that you'd be having another baby soon! I'm excited for you. :) Yeah!!

Mrs. Pear said...

Praise the Lord!

Congratulations!

Paula said...

God is so good! Praising Him for answered prayers.

Congratulations!!

Sara said...

Monica,
Thanks for your encouraging story. As I walk through a different sort of wilderness, I sometimes struggle with WHEN the answer will come - but I know it will, and I know it will be in His perfect timing.

Congratulations!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

YAY!! I am just so excited for you, and for your dear friend Melissa!
Congratulations and I will be praying for you and Melissa!
Blessings,
Joy

It's a Mom Thing said...

What a precious story and such an amazing thing to pray for a friend. I am excited for your family, Monica, and for your friend. What a joy!

Jthemilker said...

God is so good! Thank you for sharing... I could be one of your jealous readers! This is such precious news!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your friend. What a wonderful sweet reminder that God does hear and answer our prayers. Thank you for the sharing your special news and story.

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica, congratulations!!! That is an awesome story! I am getting baby fever myself. I also have two already. How fun to have a friend to be pregnant with. I will pray for healthy pregnancies for both you and Melissa. God is good! Elise

Anonymous said...

it's good to hear of how God has answered your prayers for both you and your friend. This is something that I, too, began praying for a friend and I...we'll see how God answers as we both (and our husbands) remain patient in the Lord's timing. - melissa

Raquel said...

how exciting congratulations!!!! and was a answer to prayer!

Shawna said...

Congratulations on both of your pregnancies! How fun and special to share that with your friend! I am happy for both of you.

Sonya said...

Thanks for sharing this although it made me weep. We have waited for another baby for several years and have been growing impatient lately. I felt very upset recently when a family in our church announced that they were pregnant with their 13th child. It hurt but later I did pray that God would forgive me for feeling so negative about their happiness. I am truly happy for them and just continue to pray that God will bless us with many more children! I'm very happy for you and your friend!