Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wilting

Every h-o-t afternoon, these beautiful flowers get all droopy and sad looking. But each evening when the sun goes down - they look beautiful and refreshed. I have been thinking about the analogy this provides of our lives.

How often do I feel like I am wilting from the daily tasks and challenges of life? I really do feel like I am wilting in the heat - but more than just physically - life can cause me to wilt in other ways.

But, guess what? I have hope that I, too, can be refreshed like the flowers. I can trust that God will rejuvenate me when I go to His Word, enter His presence in prayer and just stay plugged in to the vine where I receive my nourishment.
"He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul." ~ Psalm 23:2-3

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing." ~ John 15:5
Lord, please give me a heart that remains in You ~ so I can draw from Your strength and nourishment. And, when I feel like I am wilting ~ to be refreshed by Your perfect care.

3 comments:

snarflemarfle said...

What a beautiful thought! I had noticed the same thing with my hydrangeas, but now I have such a nice thought to go along with it!

Thank you for all your positive moments!

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica,

Did I ever feel wilted when I got home from work yesterday! But God is faithful to bring refreshment -- like picking up the phone this morning and hearing sweet Emily say "Hi, Grammie!"

Love and blessings -- Mom

Lisa said...

Needed this today - Thank you!
Such beautiful flowers.