Monday, May 21, 2007

Little Ladies Tea Party!

This past Friday, Emily was invited to a little girls tea party! Our hostess did a wonderful job of explaining manners and even practicing them! The lovely tea was held on their screen porch and it was wonderful! The ladies got dressed up and she had dress up hats, shoes and jewelry for them to add!

They got to pour their own "tea" ~ which was actually pink lemonade. I brought the food and after a quick search online could not find any real tips for little girls tea parties. Which, I find shocking - so it must mean that I was in too much of a hurry to really find the info!

Anyway, here is what I did:

Flower peanut butter and honey sandwiches (remember that bread tube?!), flower and butterfly shaped crackers with cheese shaped like flowers, and fruit cups made out of orange "cups" filled with fruit salad. For dessert, we had flower shaped cakes with frosting and sprinkles - I forgot to take a picture of that!


After they were done eating, each got to make a necklace! Then, they blew bubbles and played together. It was a fun time!


Also, our hostess had these lovely favors for each girl - including candy bracelets, a ring pop, pencil, and even their own tea cup!

Thank you, Miss Kelly for such a lovely gathering and for including us!

I got to hold my sweet friend's baby - and she went to sleep on my lap! I love having a baby fall asleep while I am holding her - so peaceful and pure!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica
I LOVE The tea party idea!! So sweet. It looks like your little lady had fun. Good to see a picture of you too!! I miss you!
Grace

Susan P. said...

What a sweet and precious time for the "little" ladies.

Paige said...

See, this just can't be done with boys. The best I could hope for would be a stick gathering party, or a dirt digging party. Of course I would never WANT a boy to be subject to such a feminine activity in the first place. I have to say I am jealous, for just a minute I'd like a toy to be played with, not TORN APART!!
Maybe a boy version would be a dusk time outdoor s'mores party followed by some cami face painting?? Just imagine hahahaha.....

Anonymous said...

Paige, that is so funny!! I was so glad when God let my second child be a girl. I think sometimes she forgets though!!
Monica, it looks like a fun time...
Elise

Alycia said...

What a beautiful idea!! So very sweet! I recently found your blog and I am enjoying it very much. Thank you for all of your wonderful, creative ideas. Have a Blessed Day!