Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards


My sweet and very talented friend, Amy at Mom Advice, gave me her very own Thinking Blogger Award! I love Amy's blog because she is full of great information on fun things to do with children, has great recipes, is frugal and is the brain behind our favorite "Freebie Fridays"! She is also creative and is asked to review lots of products so we can learn more about them through her experiences. She is always encouraging and I feel like I've had a boost after visiting with her!

And, now I get to share five of my favorite blogs!

1. Mom Advice: truly, I am not just saying this since she loves my blog! You can re-read the entire paragraph above to remember why I love Amy's blog!

2. Like Merchant Ships: I LOVE this blog! This is one of those that if I only have a few minutes to read blogs, I never skip this one. Meredith is extremely resourceful and thrifty. She also has great taste, is very thoughtful and very creative in the process of being thrifty! She makes me think! She offers family-friendly and budget-friendly ideas. And, it always looks like they are having fun at her house! Meredith loves the Lord also, and that for me is such a blessing!

3. Half Pint House: Megan was my friend in real-life before I even knew what a blog was. I remember asking her husband one time, "What is a blog?" Megan's is another blog I visit every day. I love reading it, not just because I know her, but because of who she is and what she shares. Some of my favorite things about Megan are her creativity ~ she can write and she can write well. This is something I cannot do. She can draw, sew, cook, make amazing candles, and much more. She is very willing to share of herself with me - I have written her numerous e-mails asking for help, advice and wisdom on mothering issues and she always gives me honest, practical and helpful advice. She also loves the Lord and shares about her faith - I appreciate the reality with which she shares. I'm so glad I got to see you in St. Louis recently, Megan! I admire you.

4. Curious Sofa: This is a new one I discovered through my other friend Amy! But, I have already been inspired by the creativity that Debbie shows in her shop and room re-do! The Spring Sign was inspired by her sign and I look forward to lots more ideas!

5. A Place Called Home: I think of Susan as a "Titus Mom" ~ she is older than me and encourages and reminds me to be a young woman who has been taught to, "love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands so that no one will malign the word of God." (Titus 2:4-5) Susan is full of a gracious spirit and willingly shares of what she has learned and her love of home with all of us who will receive it. I am so thankful for her and the blessing of her encouragement!

Should they accept the award, these are the rules of the game:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

Thanks, Amy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You were one of the first ones to come to mind when I was able to nominate someone. You motivate me and I am glad to call you a friend. I can't wait to add some of these nominations to my feed. Thank you so much for including me in your list!

Meredith is one of my favorite bloggers and I wanted to add her to my list, but figured she probably had a dozen of these awards laying around :) People love her! She is awesome!

It's a Mom Thing said...

way to go, monica. you deserve it...i love your blog!