Friday, April 27, 2007

Prayer of Consecration

"Lord, here are my hands;
I consecrate them to Thee.
May they never touch anything
that Thou wouldst not have them touch,
or do anything that would dishonour Thee.
And here are my feet;
I dedicate them to Thee.
May they never go
where Thou wouldst not be seen.
Here, Lord, are my eyes.
May they never look upon anything
that would grieve Thy Holy Spirit.
May my ears never listen to anything
dishonouring to Thy Name.
May my mouth never be opened to speak
a word that I would not want Thee to hear.
May my mind never retain a thought or
an imagination that would dim the sense of Thy Presence.
May my heart know no love,
and cherish no feeling that is not of Thee."

~ Oswald J. Smith
"The Man God Uses"


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for this post Monica! I'm so glad you are feeling better. You normally post "like clockwork" so I was worried : )

Great job turning off the tv. Isn't it amazing the things we can get done? I don't know why I don't shut it off more often.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent prayer. Thank you.

Jthemilker said...

If only I would begin each day with such a prayer... God would certainly do great things through my hands.