Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Postage Stamp Frames




We're home! Trust you all had a joyous Easter! We had a great time with my sister and her sweet family! Just wish we lived closer together!!

One of the things she and I love doing together (besides organizing!) is crafting. The guys went out to play games with friends and we got out all the crafting goodies. This idea is her idea and I thought it was so cute!

She grabbed two plain 5x7 frames from the yard sale pile, a container of Mod Podge, and postage stamps that she had collected throughout the years. And, we went through all the stamps - one box of international and one box of US stamps. They were so neat!

We picked out and trimmed all the stamps we wanted and then attached them lightly to the frame with white glue. Then we put the Mod Podge over all the stamps ~ two coats. Let dry thorougly. These will go to our Spring Swap friends! Total Cost: FREE!

5 comments:

Timalee said...

I love this idea, can't wait to try it myself! I'm really enjoying your blog by the way, where do you swap? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These turned out great! Way to use your resources. :)

Love, Mom

Chrissy said...

You're never at a shortage for good craft ideas - just one of the reasons I enjoy your blog so much!

Amy said...

I love these- they are precious! I am going to start saving my stamps. This looks like a fun project!

Karen said...

Just found your blog and came across this post. What a great idea! I have saved stamps for years and never thought to "craft" with them. I'm going to give this a try.