Sunday, April 29, 2007

Pinky: A Cherished Friend



Emily's favorite friend (pink bunny blankie) of all time was lost somewhere at church this morning. We've searched and searched. And, I'm still praying that Pinky will find her way home somehow through a kind act of someone returning her to church. My heart is aching over her loss and I feel completely helpless to do anything. They haven't made this exact one for a couple of years. We've been to half a dozen stores and there is nothing similar. We'll keep looking, but we know that truly, Pinky can never really be replaced. The thing I am the most sad about is that Emily will not have her forever ~ like I still have my favorite bunny from when I was a child. Sad sad day for us! David put this little video together for her...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are aching with you and Emily at the loss of this dear friend. We also hope Pinky may still be found and reunited with dear little Emily.
Love, Mom/Grammie

Megan said...

Rats. It's so disappointing when things like this happens. I'm really sorry.

Leanne said...

Oh my heart is crushed for her. I had a favorite snoopy that I had till 12 years old that was lost! I still remember. Christopher has a puppy that he CLINGS to. We will pray that pinkie is found!!

Wendi said...

Poor Emily! She must be heartbroken. I hope Pinky turns up.

Chrissy said...

Oh - poor Emily! Poor pinkie! Poor Mommy! Hoping someone will find pinkie and she can come home where she belongs...L still has her two rabbits from her infancy - they were "misplaced" a few times too, but somehow always made their way home...

Anonymous said...

Saying a little prayer Pinky is found for little Emily.
TamaraP. in North Carolina

Susan P. said...

Monica, after playing that video of sweet little Emily and her precious Pinky I am ready to jump in the go and help you in the search! I pray that a kind soul will come across Pinky and realize that it is a beloved companion and needs to be ruinited with it's owner.

snarflemarfle said...

Oh, dear! I hope Pinky makes her way home soon! I'm just crushed for Ms. Emily!