Friday, April 27, 2007

Oatmeal Cookies


I have tried lots of oatmeal cookie recipes and have been continually disappointed. These are the best oatmeal cookies I think I've ever tasted! They were very easy ~ and Emily loved them too!

The recipe was clipped from Better Homes & Gardens

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt (I omitted)
1/8 tsp. ground allspice (I did not have any)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. quick-cooking rolled oats (I used regular)
1/2 c. miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I used 2/3 c.)
1/3 c. chopped dried fruit such as dried cranberries, dried tart cherries, or dried blueberries (I did not have any on hand, but next time I would add nuts for sure)

Preheat oven to 375. In mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Beat in sugars, baking powder, bakind soda, cinnamon, salt, and allspice. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour and oats. Stir in chocolate pieces and dried fruit. Drop cookies by spoonfull onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until cookies are golden. Transfer to rack; cool. Makes about two dozen cookies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love oatmeal cookies! I have yet to find a recipe using chocolate chips that wasn't dry. I will be giving these a try.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Paige said...

I'm on a baking frenzy today and will try these out too. AND I have EVERYTHING on hand!!
So far I've made banana chococolate oat muffins and am currently working on oatmeal scotchies. Later is fat free brownies and now THESE! YUMMO and Thanks for sharing!

Stacy said...

Delish! I was just thinking yesterday, "I need a good oatmeal cookie recipe." I kid you not. I'll be trying this one out! :) Today.
~Stacy

Monica Wilkinson said...

Seriously, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has had a hard time finding a good recipe!? Who knew? Hope you all enjoy these as much as we did! :)