Friday, April 27, 2007

No TV: Day 3, 4 and 5

Whew! Well, when I decided on this no TV thing - I was not planning on coming down with a stomach bug! It started Tuesday night and I am feeling so much better this morning! Thankfully! But, needless to say, our no TV rule was broken - because when Mama's sick - you do what you have to do!

But, here is what I learned in the two days we did go without TV. I got SO much more accomplished those days because I was more intentional about planning my mornings out. I also spent a lot more time with the girls - because the time was planned into my routine and I also planned ways of incorporating them into my chores and morning plans. I have done this before, but have gotten very lax about it.

This served as a great reminder to me of how little quality time I've been spending with especially Emily - and I trust that God will help me to continue to plan my time intentionally to include lots of productivity but also lots of play!

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better! And good job on the TV for those couple of days. I'm not a mom but I can imagine how difficult it must be some days.:-)
Blessings!

Lisa said...

I am glad you are feeling better. We had the stomach bug around here last month. It lasted for a couple of days too.

Blessings

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that you are feeling better!

Blessings,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Balancing productivity and child's play is a challenge, isn't it? I feel like I'm always battling some mommy guilt over one thing or another -- and yet I need to get rid of that guilty voice in my head. God is good and generous in leading mothers...

I'm glad you're feeling better now.

-Rebecca T.

Anonymous said...

So thankful you are feeling better!
Love, Mom

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hi Monica,
I found your blog through Crystal's.
I used to be a real TV junkie. Now I hardly ever watch TV, and even think I might not want to have it in my home at all if God sends me children. I mean... it can so easily become a time-waster and a negative influence.
There are other distractions too, of course (reading, surfing the net or spending time on the phone when there are still things to be done)... but I definitely get a lot more accomplished without TV.

Michelle Therese said...

It always kills me when I have a friend or relative saying, "I wish that *I* could learn to paint (or whatever...) but I just don't have any time!" But then they spend anywhere from four to six hours every night in front of the TV! When I've challenged this I always get the same answer: "But I *have* to watch my shows!" I just don't get it. There is so much life to be lived!!

TV is like a black hole. It takes away so much time! I wonder how many talented people waste their lives in front of TVs.