Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No TV: Day 2

We survived a day without the TV! It wasn't as hard as I thought and the overall mood of our home was drastically improved! Yes, there were tears and throwing of fits, but they were fairly short-lived and we just enjoyed being together as a family!

I am just so grateful that God allowed me to see that I have not been spending much quality time with Emily. We read story after story last night and it is rare for her to sit still for me to read to her. There were precious moments!

Here is our plan for today which includes not going anywhere so that will make an extra challenge!

7:30-8:30 wake, breakfast, change clothes, tidy kitchen, empty dishwasher
8:30-8:45 vacuum
8:45-9:15 go for a walk/wagon ride
9:15-9:30 play with Mama, read stories, etc...
9:30-10 play while Mama irons, Rachel down for nap at 10
10-10:30 snack, play outside with water
10:30-10:45 Emily helps Mama clean bathroom (she loves this!)
10:45-11:00 make cookie dough for freezer (did not get done last night); start homemade bread
11:00-11:30 Emily play or paint/color
11:30 Lunch

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is great! I am happy to say that we kept the television off except for one movie so that I could take a shower. Go me! The kids & I had a wonderful day together and it was so much more peaceful too!

Cherish the Home said...

That's great!

I don't have children but I'm home alone all day and while we watch TV at night, I have a rule that I don't turn it on during the day at all.

That has helped cut back a bit. Also we live in a tri-level and our TV is on the bottom level so there are plenty of other TV-free places in our home. (o: