Thursday, April 19, 2007

Family Night

We had been in the habit of having Friday nights set aside to just spend time together as a family. However, we have been out of the habit lately. And, I've really been missing it! So, this past Friday, we started up again and we had THE BEST time! Simple ideas just really made it a relaxing and fun evening. I made one of David's favorite meals and set up a card table on the porch - so we could enjoy our meal outside. There was a nice breeze to keep the bugs away! The rose is from our climbing rose and I just floated one bloom in a glass carafe.

After dinner, we attempted a wagon ride and walk with the girls, but the breeze was gone and the gnats were horrible, so we came right home. We scooped bowls of homemade icecream and fresh picked strawberries, crawled on the couch and all watched a movie together! It was great! So, I'm always trying to think of ideas to make these evenings fun - how do you spend time together as a family that is fun and relaxing?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

We take walks alot after dinner. Charlie got a little bike for Christmas and we push Henry in the stroller. We have a really pretty cemetary across the road from us (it's pretty like a park- not creepy at all!). Charlie can stay on the paths and we don't have to worry about cars that way. And we don't have gnats!

We also have a really nice indoor pool at the high school that only costs $5 for the whole family. The kiddie pool has a slide and it's only ankle deep. We LOVE to go there and the boys are so wiped out when we get home they go right to sleep and Chad and I get some peace and quiet. : )

Anonymous said...

Monica, we just started playing this game with Livia and it's so much fun! I loved playing games on family night when I was young... and it's so much fun to do it now with my little clan.

-Rebecca T.

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying browsing your blog so much! Too bad I need to go now. Thanks for the great ideas!!! I keep a list of ideas that our family can do - local places to visit, trips, games we have or want, and lots of ideas can be found on FamilyFun.com